ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

turbo 182 which clutch is best to use

RS2'd Clio 182
I’ve got a 280bhp / 270trq Clio turbo that’s used as a daily (when it’s not broken) it’s just killed a standard clutch in less than 5k miles so my question is what’s going to be the best clutch to use. Thanks

182 Turbo
ive dailyed a helix 4 paddle at that power and its not a pleasant experience, i use engine dynamics 5 puck clutch and pressure plate now and it feels better than an OE clutch (lighter and smoother) and bites just as hard as a helix, but im not running high boost

Golf Gti edition 30
I think it was a helix paddle clutch in my high boost clio 182.It was really noisy on biting point to the point folk would look at you as if your car was broken when manoeuvring in car parks.
It was done by clioturbo so god know what it really was in there.
Video doesnt show actually how loud it actually was.

Donny_Dog

ClioSport Club Member
  Jim's rejects
I’ve got a 280bhp / 270trq Clio turbo that’s used as a daily (when it’s not broken) it’s just killed a standard clutch in less than 5k miles so my question is what’s going to be the best clutch to use. Thanks
Does yours have Turinis?
Sure I've seen you on Warmsworth Road on a morning.

RB Clio 182
I think it was a helix paddle clutch in my high boost clio 182.It was really noisy on biting point to the point folk would look at you as if your car was broken when manoeuvring in car parks.
It was done by clioturbo so god know what it really was in there.
Video doesnt show actually how loud it actually was.

Lol, mine sounded like that, i hated everything about it, juddery, noisy, grabby piece of s**t that wore out after around 5k miles, so similar to the op’s standard one really.

Donny_Dog

ClioSport Club Member
  Jim's rejects
It could be yeah mate as I’ve got my winter wheels on at the min which are turinis my summer wheels are 2118
Looks nice. I was going to post a 'spotted' thread up there, but I'm lazy.
Last time I saw you was a few weeks ago, you were heading away (the best direction).

182 Turbo
thats interesting, because i had a helix 4 paddle and it sounded nothing like that, and im pretty sure no clutch should sound like that.

RB Clio 182
thats interesting, because i had a helix 4 paddle and it sounded nothing like that, and im pretty sure no clutch should sound like that.
Everyone ive heard sounds like that, did clioturbo fit it for you? (If so, he probably never fitted one.)

RS2'd Clio 182
What car you drive and where abouts in donny you from ? Am living in hydepark

6a687d665373c7508c6d9fef1774abb0.jpg

That’s me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

182 Turbo
Everyone ive heard sounds like that, did clioturbo fit it for you? (If so, he probably never fitted one.)
Nope, never used andy greer in my life mate. James @ JMS fit the helix 4 paddle on my last car (The guy who invented the RS2) im pretty sure that sound is in conjuction with the fact andy greer probably fit it incorrectly

RB Clio 182
Nope, never used andy greer in my life mate. James @ JMS fit the helix 4 paddle on my last car (The guy who invented the RS2) im pretty sure that sound is in conjuction with the fact andy greer probably fit it incorrectly
I cant argue with that mate.

Donny_Dog

ClioSport Club Member
  Jim's rejects
What car you drive and where abouts in donny you from ? Am living in hydepark
I've got a few cars, but drive a Mazda 3 as a daily. I'm technically from 'near Donny' on the A19.

Yeah am up for a meet, you will just have to give me time to get a new clutch fitted. Think am going to go for a helix fully organic clutch see how many miles I get out of that
Them lads from Barnsley are probably rough. Be careful mate.