ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Twin 12inch Sub Box

Skoda Fabia vRS

right, im gonna end up with 2 x 12" subs an ill be needin a box

from what ive read then ill have a sealed one, but, lookin on car audio direct they have 2 different capacitys, and the JBL site doesnt give the ideal sizes....

2 cubic feet or 2.5 cubic feet

which should i go for, they will be runnin at 200W RMS each...

Bit slack of JBL not to give you recommended sizes! Give em a ring - either to get box sizes or all the details on the subs (Q figures etc) so you can inout it into a box-calculator and find out. :)

I would recommend the 2cuft box as with only 200 watts RMS you will get more puinchy bass with less air space..The larger the box the slower the movement of the cone gets unless more power is put through the sub...which you cant really do with JBL stuff.

You would probably get better results with a smaller box actually..around 0.75cuft....bu it depends what you can find out from JBL.

Russ

Quote: Originally posted by BRUN on 07 July 2003

where can i find a box calculator online ?
Parcelforce.co.uk I think they have one of these to work out postage cost , not quite what you asked for but you never know might be helpful