ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tyre Choice - Opinions Needed

Skoda Fabia vRS

right, ive got it down to these 2, i wanna know which is the best, as there both the same price

Falken ZE 502

Eagle F1 GS-D2

i know the Eagle F1 are good, but what are the Falken like ?

particularly interested in wet performance, and good feedback of grip, dont want somethin like a Proxy which grips an grips then suddenly lets go

Brun - go for 195/50/15s. You have 16v wheels dont you? Just got four fresh new Yoko A539s from lofty. Not best it the wet, but lovely otherwise. Goodyear is a better brand in my experience; Falkens seem to be made of wood.

and A539s are only 98 quid a set, i think that beats anybodys claims of poor wet performance as they aint that bad!!!

and aer you silly enought to really thrash it in the wet!!

FRST and 106 GTi

Just got a new 4 set of tyres... Firestone SZ40 195/50 R15 for +- 150quid. This includes: fiting, new air valves and (my english again damn!) the little wheight thingys on the wheel.

BenR, A539 for 98 quid a 4set tyres? if so, very good price indeed.

A539s are terrible in the wet!! never have them again!!

ive now got hankook, which im actually impressed with! there excellent in the wet and dry!

i love falkens, i rate em very highly, in the wet too.

only other tyres ive tried are avons and personally i reckon the are awful. even worse in the wet, the car drifts accross the road on em, pathetic.

i wouldnt mind tryin out some toyo proxies tho........or some bridgestones.

Ray

Falkens are ok, just finishing a set off, they were not too bad. Replaced front two with Uniroyal Rainsports, £141 for two front (205/45/16) fitted and balanced. They are suprisingly capable in the dry, but as soon as the roads are even slightly damp they are unbelieveble. Car grips at the front like slicks on dry tarmac, and even provoking it in the wet, it is difficult to unstick them. Definetly my recommendation given british weather, you really rely on your tyres in the wet, and I reckon the are good value. All that remains to be seen is if they are long lasting or not, but time will tell.

Alex M

Revels Mum & Sister

Mate buy the F1s they are the bollies.

Had some fitted and has transformed the car.

Buy them mate