ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tyres ???

BMW M135i
Right its new tyre time for the clio and I've got no idea what to get, price doesn't really matter within reason i'm looking for the best performance basically.

I had avon zv3s fitted to my old car and I was happy enough with then but i've read they weren't the best thing in the world so will go with pretty much anything else as long as its a better performer.

These are for dynamique wheels so there 185/55/R15.

What to people recommend ?

edit: Currently got these michelin eco things on the back and firehawk 700s on the front so pretty much anything will probably be an upgrade.

Either way, Goodyear Eagle F1s rock - either in GSD2 pattern or GSD3 pattern. (pattern depends on which size you get, the 185/55s only come in GSD2 and 195/50s only come in GSD3)

Great grip in the dry, awesome grip in the wet. :cool:

And only about £35 each from www.mytyres.net in the 195/50 size, not much more than cheap and nasty budget ones!

edit:
This is them!

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]Goodyear
Summer tyres
[/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]EAGLE F1 GS-D3

195/50 R15 82V BSW
[/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]With mytyres.co.uk only £ 33.70

They're V-rated not H-rated remember, so you might have to change the options drop down thing.

Or in the original size:

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]Goodyear
Summer tyres
[/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]EAGLE F1 GS-D2

185/55 R15 82V
[/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]With mytyres.co.uk only £ 67.50
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

BMW M135i
Those goodyears look promising, especially the price! Can't believe the 195/50s are that much cheaper. :eek:

Anymore for anymore ?

Personally I'd keep with Renault stock compound Continental. I love them and hate the Toyo T1R/S. Then again others hate the ontinetals and love the Toyos.

The onyl advantage the Toyos were they were £33 fitted each and lasted a a long time I get though Contis ever 10k or so but there only a few quid extra. Forget the continetal 2's though there not as good.

BMW M135i
Ok. Will have to ring round the local tyre fitters tomorrow to see what price they can do on them.

Are there any downsides to running 195/50s instead of the 185/55s ?

Monaco Blue 172
about 1.45% under-read on ur speedo if u run 195/50's instead. ie speedo reads 70mph ur actual speed is 69

p.s. i rate the goodyears ;)

jooliona said:
about 1.45% under-read on ur speedo if u run 195/50's instead. ie speedo reads 70mph ur actual speed is 69

p.s. i rate the goodyears ;)
Mine underreads by 3.5% normally anway.

Monaco Blue 172
i'm getting 2 fitted later this week... thing is i'm now wishing i'd ordered 4 cos the other two are pretty well worn... handling will take a nosedive with this sort of combo wont it!? :eek:

Monaco Blue 172
deffo. i'm trying a different place for fitting and i want to check that they're gonna do a decent job before i trust them with ALL my wheels!

BMW M135i
Bit of thread revival but finally got some eagle f1 gsd3s fitted and oh my god, theres just so much more grip its not even funny. Brilliant tyres will definetly be buying them again without a doubt especially at £45 each fitted.

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
been reading through the thread, and looking at my tyres.com, seems those eagle f1's gsd3s are a good buy so i think ill go for some...

what is the idea about new tyres on the back...
not 100% sure about it...

Polo + Micra
it's easy to sort out if your front end breaks away.

and yeah just got a pair of gsd3's to go on mine

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
Dink said:
it's easy to sort out if your front end breaks away.

and yeah just got a pair of gsd3's to go on mine

front end breaks away?was that to answer my question?

i mean ive heard that new tyres should be put on the rear and the original rears put on the front?? why?

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
:S still confused, so the new tyres are put on the rear in order to help the front end grip?

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
o right, what if the rear tyres have got plenty of tread left on them and still have plenty of grip on them.