ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tyres...

Clio RN & Honda blade
Does anyone know if you can put 2 different brands of tyres on each corner at the front?

The tread patterns are quite simular, just different makes!

i did for about a year and didnt do me any harm....i would say its better to have two of the same though?

Clio RN & Honda blade
Hmm i got 2 brand new tyres for a tenner (mate bought them off camskill.com then sold the car before he fitted them!)

Suppose i'll give it a try and if there no good i'll change one so they match.

Cheers

421 Cammed 172
AFAIK It doesn't matter about Brands being different.

Its sizes, so you couldn't have 195/45/16 on one front and 205/45/16 on the other.

Not fully sure tho.

Have been pulled in the past with 2 different brands and had nothing said.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Shouldn't be done. Different grip levels across an axle is a bad idea. Better off having different front to back, as long as they are the same across each axle.

330Ci (Fail)Sport
As warren said.

I've been told before if you're replacing just one tyre on the axle, its best to the same level of wear, to keep grip levels the same. Not 100% sure on that but it is kind of logical.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
I've been told that having incorrect (too low) speed rating on your tyres, or below the legal tread limit, voids some insurance policies. Not sure if that would apply here, but bear it in mind.

Clio RN & Honda blade
Yeah thanks for the replies people, ones a toyo and ones a budget so i reckon i'll get another toyo and have toyo's on the front...