ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tyres

Just went to an independent garage to get the tracking done on my cup, they told me i needed 2 new tyres, the only brand they had was Avon, i told them to go ahead and put them on.

Have any of you heard of a tyre brand called AVON if so what are they like, are they a sh*t brand, i have never heard of them. Would they effect the performance on my cup eg good grip in wet weather etc.

Please any feed back would help. they cost £60 a tyre 195/45/16

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

I had a set of avons on my old car, they werent the best on the market thats for sure.

i had no choice but to put these on, i did not have any time to shop around as i needed my car asap (today).

Do you think its money gone down the drain.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

well @ £60

probably what avon is it (zz1 zz3?)

(ps you always have a choice)

I dont understand the need bit, you could of just swapped the fronts for backs and ordered a new set of contis the same day..

-Rob

I did change the rear tyres to the front months ago, i have now done just over 11,000 miles on the contis since new, so it was time to change them, this set of Avons are used by Rolls Royce and Bentley as i was told by the garage. The front set of tyres were bold, whilst the back ones also need changing soon. I would of loved to get either another set of contis or good years. But money is abit short at the moment thats why i went for this set.

ff 182

Nothing wrong with Avons ive got them all around on my valver and it handles mint and they will last u mate.

Just make sure u call ^^^^ to check they have them in stock. Theres has been a few issues with delivery dates.