ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

V6 at Pod on sunday (vid)

Clio v6
I'm sure I've see the TWR reg on here before but mind has gone a blank.

Looks very wet and slippy trying to zoom up that runway.

Bubbles

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW I4 M50
Pod wont let you run in the wet... its the tackyness of the track.. it always looks wet but its quite grippy

i read somewhere (poss williams clio) that v6s are just poo for 1/4 miling...

according to that clip i can see why, driver could be a pansy tho and not take it to the red line?

Strange tho as 15 secs is saxo vts time. Odd

mk1 phase 3
my brother and a couple of mates went, one has a grey 106 xsi with a vts engine in it that ran a 14.9, thought that was quite good.

martin. - my brother said he seen you, only noticed cuz ur car is rapid stripped out, he's got a silver vts. completely stripped, no dashboard or anything, with 106 rallye wheels on if u seen it.

does look a bit slippy on the strip

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo
14.9 is good saw a couple of grey xsi's....missed the saxo though what did he run?

mk1 phase 3
he didnt go up! no money! and he's a bit scared cuz he needs a new gearbox.

iv just put a thread up in 'other marques' with some pics if u wanna have a look. he liked your plastic windows! think they're next on his list! u going this sunday?

mk1 phase 3
cool. might see you there. not definately goin yet. depends what time i have to take my little sis back to my mums for my dad!! u know how it is!

Lux'd Glacier White R26
Company VXR...Alright for some..Lol.

That time is shocking for a V6...clearly doesn't know how to drive it. Good reaction on the start though.

Tyson.

MERCEDES CLS AMG
V6 clios are crap at everything - another marketing error by Renault ( along with the RX4 scenic, avantime and vel satis )

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
MATT BLACK said:
V6 clios are crap at everything - another marketing error by Renault ( along with the RX4 scenic, avantime and vel satis )

Most desired car out for the money!

MERCEDES CLS AMG
Top of the line sports car for the Renault motor company ??? and one of the lower range models can beat it at practically everything ???

Dont argue with me - im talking facts

e60 M5 -172- dciheid
18.705 for the corsa is awful as it looks like the hooky 1.8 SRI joby unless its the wanky 1.4 with the same gear.

Agree v6 time is gash. not even breaking 90 as well

:lolup:

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo
The surface was very slippy which put around 0.5 on the times but it's still not a good time....

Has nobody on this forum every ran a slow time? I've never been but I reckon if I do go my first few runs will not be what the car is capable of.

MKIII 138
14.4 is a good time.

but, and i love the V6, a £27,000 supermini with a 255bhp 3.0 24v engine for torque should be doing great times. its not a hatch, its a supermini with 255bhp FFS ! and rwd for launching

a cliocup with induction (£200), Rsport(£275 bbpt swap), decat ?? £150-200 does 14.1 wth no back seats (neither has the V6) ala chris n nic !! v.fast indeed and proves just how rapid a tweaked 172/182 is, if it was sent to Aw/GDI and had a further £150 on inlet manifold spent on it then into the 13`s we go for a supermini costing £10.5k new £7k 2nd hand nothing can claim that. i know they look good but a cup/182/trophy could out corner a V6 aswell on the tight turns and high speed grip is probably the only advantage handling wise of the V6 so on some circuits a well driven V6 could manage to shake of a trophy, just.

id still have one instantly, and if you can get a MKII for £16k used i dont see why fitting coilovers + some engine mods arent on the cards to make it more competative.
having said that if i had 16k to spend on a car my sensible head would get a 225megane and tune to 300bhp for relative peanuts

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
MATT BLACK said:
Top of the line sports car for the Renault motor company ??? and one of the lower range models can beat it at practically everything ???

Dont argue with me - im talking facts

Your still ugly tho!

Remapped derv Golf
Dan_mk1 said:
That is awful, I ran a 14.5 in the company astra VXR, traction wasnt *that* bad

Better than you're clio then! better get that williams lump mate.

Seen a blue one blatting around the local area. Very dirty!