ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Valet and wax

Clio 172
Was bored yesterday so gave the old girl a good seeing to

image_zps04ac55b9.jpg
image_zpsba362b3d.jpg

Clio 172
f**k me when I saw that first pic I thought it was previous owner that had posted pics of my car lol, cheers for heads up but I won't lose any sleep over it.

I may buy a pair of xenon if some clean ones come up at a reasonable price but these HIDs are quite good.

ST
The lad advises he bought cheap eBay HID Xenon bulbs.

The definitions: Xenon H.I.D. (High Intensity Discharge) lighting is a superior lighting technology. Instead of having a filament inside the bulb, it is replaced with xenon gas. When the xenon gas ignites, it produces a vivid and bright light that is 3X more powerful than that of a halogen bulb.
This technology also allows for the bulb to ignite at a higher colour temperature: which gives it the white / blue coloration.
Xenon gas-filled bulbs and other halogen 'xenon' bulbs are simply a standard halogen bulb that is either coated with a blue film on the outside and/or filled with a gas to imitate the look of a true xenon HID bulb. These bulbs produces much less light than xenon HID bulbs and often less than that of a standard halogen bulb. Xenon gas-filled bulbs also suffer from a short 6-month life-span.

ST
That's not proof, that's just pointing the finger at a possible culprit

OEM xenons have been fitted to cars for years and have no problem with prolonged use, yet when cheap alternative bulbs are used there's potential issues.

Clio 172
OEM xenons have been fitted to cars for years and have no problem with prolonged use, yet when cheap alternative bulbs are used there's potential issues.

Yes I agree but still no proof of it being the bulbs, it could have been battery, fuses, poor wiring or a bad connection or several other possibilities including the bulbs.