ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Various Landscapes (Warning, pic whoring of the highest order!)

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Thought Id put a few up in this here new sub forum for comments/feedback/criticism and advice.

All 4 are very welcome, really want to improve so the more advice the better, bit of an ego boost wouldn't go amiss either ;)

Portugal

IMG_0303.jpg

IMG_0007.jpg

IMG_0224.jpg

Various Scottish ones

Up north

KIF_0983.jpg

KIF_1106.jpg

KIF_1465-1.jpg

KIF_1454.jpg

KIF_1415-1.jpg

KIF_1471.jpg

KIF_1420.jpg

KIF_1418.jpg

KIF_1000.jpg

KIF_1001.jpg

KIF_1008.jpg

KIF_1106.jpg

KIF_1442.jpg

KIF_1417-1.jpg

KIF_1478.jpg

IMG_0814.jpg

IMG_0815.jpg

IMG_0826.jpg

South Queensferry

IMG_0312.jpg

IMG_0317.jpg

Cruden Bay

KIF_1341.jpg

KIF_1359.jpg

KIF_1362.jpg

IMG_1590.jpg

IMG_1594.jpg

IMG_1595Small.jpg

IMG_1610.jpg

IMG_1611.jpg

IMG_1612Small.jpg

IMG_1587.jpg

Cheers
John

RS 172
All great shots, but most lack that 'wow' factor if you get what I mean. Are you using a DSLR? Have you tried any post-processing?

D

dick

All great shots, but most lack that 'wow' factor if you get what I mean. Are you using a DSLR? Have you tried any post-processing?

agree,

also, what lens are you using as the vignetting is pretty bad on the corners where the sky is the same colour.

Rally bus
Some nice shots, some potentially really good ones let down by the camera not being held level - or maybe your right leg is shorter than your left one :eek:

Try using the gridlines if your camera has that facility, or invest in a small spirit level that fits on the flash hotshoe.

The other comment I'd make is to look out for distracting stuff in the foreground eg your car roof, bits of tree etc

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Ok thanks guys.

The ones that are worse quality were taken on a Kyocera 3.2mp point and shoot and the better ones on a Canon IXUS 60 6mp point and shoot.

None of them have had any post production, not even cropping which I could do to get rid of some of teh foreground objects. The window wipers were due to the fact that the ray of sunshine appeared suddenly and I couldnt stop at the time, may or may not have been doing 50-60mph ;)

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Just out of interest, and off topic, where were you in Portugal?

Praia da Luz, lovely place tbh, want to go back!

No idea on photography but the one with the small waterfall are awesome in my amateur opinion!

Cheers they're my favourites!

Stunning pics. 3rd pic from the top looks like a perfect place for a house partaaaay

Yeah it would be, its my gf's Aunts holiday villa, wish I had that sort of cash!

Some of the pics must be a couple of years old before I started getting into photography so I hope its obvious which ones are newer!!

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
I think there good! Like the one of the sun breakin through! I'm slowly getting to grips wi mine!

Octavia VRS
I think the waterfall ones are awesome John. All look good to me but I'm no expert although interesting in gaining more knowledge!

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
Some great pics there john...

My fav is the one with the sun at the end of the road, just a pity it was taken from within the car ;)