ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

veyron vid from 5th gear

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
CCX for me, just looks so so much cooler, and who really cares if the veyron is 5 seconds faster to 200

C250 AMG & 172 Cup
I Love the veyron, just for what it is.

But id get a Carrera, mind you if i could afford a veryron i could probs get a CGT too.

Evo 8 Jap Crap
Another vote for the ccr/x

Faster quarter mile 9 seconds flat compared to the veyrons 10.1

Veyron required 4 turbos, ccr/x only has 2 superchargers :D

I really dont like the veyron, yes its an auto engineering great but to me it doesnt look all that good (compared to a zonda/koenigsegg or mclaren f1) and its just a lard ass, far too heavy imo (4000lbs)

MKIII 138
i guess, when you run into granny pulling out of a junction and your doing 180mph you will walk out alive.

when you want to talk in quiet in 7th gear im sure it will be civilised, its totally wanker proof as much as it can be, more than a 1.6 focus

but in the end there is and will be faster cars, but there wont be cars that go faster that are as civilised and safe.

personally id have the carbon fiber zonda-f

http://youtube.com/watch?v=MiroepFi1fw

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
I'd have the veyron for what meggerman says,its more sivilised when you want it to be and it wont break down.That ccx thing will fall apart in 2 years

MKIII 138
I'd have the veyron for what meggerman says,its more sivilised when you want it to be and it wont break down.That ccx thing will fall apart in 2 years

the ccx seems to be very unreliable.

in the end the bug is known for being the fastest and bestest, thats ultimate street kudos.

its not some kit car knowone has heard of, to be a proper supercar you need heretidge and a fan base imo. its also better to pull the ladies when your not driving some no name, a prancing horse is usually a good way of getting easy women lol

Megane DCi 147bhp/350nwm
meh i'vew watched that.

i thought it may of been a speedo video of 5th gear accelration

Evo 8 Jap Crap
CCR had just over 800bhp the new CCX has over 1000bhp like the veyron.

Veyron is known as being the "fastest" car about, what do you class as fastest though? Veyron has the highest top speed, does that make it fastest??

The koenigsegg beats the veyron on just about everything else apart from top speed.

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
So what your saying is that the veyron is the fastest.The ccx would take off after 220mph.Its all very well having a car that will supposidly do these speeds but buggati tested it all,they did it the right way and came out with the best car imho.doesnt the buggati beat it to 200mph aswell(cant remember).
But as tiff says its idiot proof and to the likes of us novices we would kill ourselves in the ccx and live in the veyron.

MKIII 138
So what your saying is that the veyron is the fastest.The ccx would take off after 220mph.Its all very well having a car that will supposidly do these speeds but buggati tested it all,they did it the right way and came out with the best car imho.doesnt the buggati beat it to 200mph aswell(cant remember).
But as tiff says its idiot proof and to the likes of us novices we would kill ourselves in the ccx and live in the veyron.

exactly, im sure everyone on here can handle a rwd 1000bhp 1000lbft car with less weight than a hatchback ?!?

Evo 8 Jap Crap
The ccr did 241mph 2 years ago. SO it has been tested.

Im saying what do people classify as fastest?

A car that has fastest 0 - 60
Fastest 0 - 100
Fastest quarter mile
or top speed?

Veyron has been tagged fastest car in the world. yet it doesnt paint the full picture when the ccx tans its ass on the 1/4 mile.

I still wait with baited breath for veyron to let top gear stick it around the test track. i very much doubt it will happen though, too high a chance that it wont beat the ccx's time

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
I suppose due to its weight it might struggle round the top gear track,but i dont think it will spin off like the ccx did

Evo 8 Jap Crap
Yeah lack of rear wing made it lose traction, was ok with the wing on though :)

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
I cant believe they made a car capable of that speed and never realised for one minute it may not handle.Very poor

Evo 8 Jap Crap
As standard they dont come with the rear wing.

Carbon Rear wing and front carbon splitter are optional extras lol

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
all that money for a car and you have to buy a bloody spoiler so you dont die.

Bloody hell

MCS R56
Another vote for the ccr/x

Faster quarter mile 9 seconds flat compared to the veyrons 10.1

Veyron required 4 turbos, ccr/x only has 2 superchargers :D

I really dont like the veyron, yes its an auto engineering great but to me it doesnt look all that good (compared to a zonda/koenigsegg or mclaren f1) and its just a lard ass, far too heavy imo (4000lbs)

You would achieve one run in the CCX and then your personal Koenigsegg mechanic would have to be flown out to fix the machine (not confidence inspiring offering that service). Amazing performance granted but all reviews I have read comment on the unreliability of the beast. Would be the Veyron for me but Carrera GT looks the best.

The Veyron is the best overall car imo. Performance, luxury, build, style. I would happily give up 1 second on a quarter mile to wave goodbye after that. And then tow the CCX back to the start.