ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Vibration, but only on acceleration.

Trophy #473
Its not unbalanced wheels and it s not the driveshaft as ive had that replaced and all my engine mounts are fine as Ive check and adjusted them too.

I cant think what it is! basicly when I accelerate at any speed any gear I can feel a vibration coming from the front near side, its the sort of vibrating you would associate with an un balanced wheel, thats what it feels like, it becomes more promenent around 4500rpm but then dies off abit towards 6k. Spark plugs have been changed so its not them, could it be an HT lead? gearbox issue? I have no idea. would a worn Ball joint cause this!?

Help.

BMW F21 125d
I had this on my 172, but sold it before I fixed it, battery tray engine mount was mine incling, is there much flex of your engine on the mounts still since you've checked them?

Trophy #473
Nah I checked all my mounts when I had the manifold knocking issue (which i sorted by packing the dogbone) All mounts were perfect. cant think for the life of me what it is...

182 Sport 2.0I
Ok, i have similar, but mine is when hitting 5K revs in 2nd & 3rd. Think one of my mounts is going tho

Evo 8 MR
Wheel bearing, cracked disc, wishbone, worn shock?

Loads of things, just gotta have a nosey.

fad

Clio 182 FF
Deffo sounds like a wheel bearing. Jack it up and check for play. Also swap the alloy round with another to see whether that cures it

Trophy #473
Im still having this issue. I have changed the wheels round and still get the vibration.
I can best describe the vibration as hesitance in the engine when accelerating, as if its shaking etc. this is really pissing me off!

Another thing I have found is that if I accelerate slowly upto 120 etc the vibration at 4.5k isnt there but if i do the same but floor it its there!?

Refering to my original post the car has only started doing this since I swerved to miss a tractor about 20k ago and had to mount the verge doing circa 30mph. Since then I have replaced driveshafts and ball joint an even alloys. I think Im going to have to make a video.

Ph1 172 & meg 225 lu
engine out of line?
may be putting too much strain on a driveshaft
i had the same problem ehen i bought my clio and it turned out to be gearbox mount and driveshaft tho

Trophy #473
hummm, N/S Driveshaft has been replaced as have the mounts, Mounts have also been adjusted to reduce 'banging'.

Trophy #473
;) Ive had that checked by the garage when it was in for its MOT and its fine. But yes I did think that too.

Cooksport Fleet
if it happened straight after this mounting a curb. I would go with something being bent tbh. Could have bent a leg hub or something. Always hard to diagnose a problem without feeling it for yourself. But check nothing is obviously bent (dout u will see anything tho) , and check the other driveshaft.

182, SQ7, Trafic
Refering to my original post the car has only started doing this since I swerved to miss a tractor about 20k ago and had to mount the verge doing circa 30mph. Since then I have replaced driveshafts and ball joint an even alloys. I think Im going to have to make a video.

You can't miss something that big out of OP :p lol!

Could be bent wishbone or hub. Had a hub bent on my old valver and at high revs it struggled to stay on the rollers as it kept going one way...

Trophy #473
there was no curb stone, it was like driving from tarmac onto grass, there were no agressive bangs when it happened, none that made me think, s**te theres my wheels bent!

not exactly the same as you describe but mine's displaying a 'wheel out of balance' type of symptom after having run over a rock. think i've traced it to the top mount and possibly the damper rod (which, having stripped the strut, i can see has a little free play in it). still haven't bought the bits though, so can't be sure

proper PITA trying to get to the bottom of stuff like this anyway