ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Vibration & Steering at high speed

1.6 Ford Focus
This seams to be a problem that keeps coming back... sometimes its not as bad and sometime its damn right scary.

If I go over 70mph the entire car starts to shake, the steering wheel at first, then all the seats and the entire car... It actually feels like a wheel is going to come off. What makes it worse is that if I stay at the speed where the problem starts then it gets harder and harder to hold the car in a straight line as it starts to wobble and weave left and right.

Weird bit is, when I slow down to below 70mph again its as smooth as anything.

I can't work out what the problem is, all the tyres are inflated correctly, all the wheel bolts are so tight I can't get them off so that cant be the problem... Something telling me the service is going to be expensive.

Any ideas what it could be? If it is something simple I don't want to be forking out the cash when I could have done it myself.