ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Video editing software

Yozza'd Titanium 182
Im basically looking for some software to deit vidoes on. I have typed it into google a few times and don't really know what im looking for or were to find it.

Is it something you buy off the internet? Something you download for free? Or do you buy it in computer shops?

It doesnt have to be anything AMAZING just abit better than windows movie maker!

Thanks

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
Sony Vegas is the one i prefer, its not cheap to buy. But there can be some good deals on the net if you look hard enough....

® Andy

ClioSport Club Member
  Illiad V6 255
Personally I think Vegas is the best editing software around. I used to use it on my XP box and once you've got your head around it, it is very powerful. It was only once I got Vegas that I was able to realize my full "Woodstock The Movie" multi-track dreams ...
[YOUTUBE]nGyWfjvBGZg[/YOUTUBE][YOUTUBE]mWsT9B9T0jo[/YOUTUBE]

The best thing with Vegas is that you can chuck loads of media at it in different formats, yet it is still able to preview really quite complex edits in real time without need for you to render the full video (on a 3 year old high end Thinkpad).

I've since moved to be a Mac user, and I must admit the one thing I miss software wise is Vegas :(. I do have Final Cut Express as a replacement but frankly, despite all the raving about it and its use professionally (well obviously full Final Cut), it simply isn't as good as Vegas! The Express version is somewhat shackled in terms of what standards it'll render at, but worse than that it's useless at real time conversion and preview. Hence you dump some media in and at best (on my last year's top end MBP) you get a jumpy 10fps preview, or at worst it'll refuse to play it at all until you've re-rendered it. It even has the same problems with audio which is frankly laughable given the tiny processing effort audio takes eg. you drag in an MP3 as a soundtrack and it won't play it at all in preview because it's not the intended output format (so you have to render it to be the correct format)!

1.2 Dynamique billabong
have you tried adobe after effects, i use that a fair bit. although its more for video / graphic special effects

A4 Avant
Windows movie maker is okay for basic stitching together of clips.

My fave is Adobe premiere elements, only costs about £65. It's very good.

Citroen DS3 DSport
I'm looking for a alternative to iMovie on my Mac because it struggles to produce sharp and smooth results with my newly bought Sony TG3 1080i camcorder. Videos played directly to the TV via the camera or PS3 look great but if captured and exported from iMovie all panning shots look blurred and movement judders slightly.

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
Most conplicated thing ive done in Vegas so far.

[youtube]<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/EBX2JO0t0JE&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/EBX2JO0t0JE&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>[/youtube]