ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Virgin Media folks, HD news

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
  FTO GPX 2.0 V6
How are you guys finding the Virgin HD service, i am looking at upgrading and it seems as I am already on the XL package I only need to pay £100 to get the new box installed and there is no extra monthly charge. Can anyone confirm if this has been the case for them?

Scirocco GT 2.0
Phone them up and do a deal..

We're paying £65 for XL TV with the V+ Box, XL Phone with International and Mobile add-on, XL Broadband (20MB), and the old box upstairs installed.

Had to pay £50 installation charge for the new box and the cabling for upstairs and the new modem for 20MB, the V+ Box was also free.

Mention "you know someone who got this deal^" and see what they come up with!

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
How are you guys finding the Virgin HD service, i am looking at upgrading and it seems as I am already on the XL package I only need to pay £100 to get the new box installed and there is no extra monthly charge. Can anyone confirm if this has been the case for them?

£100?!? It's £49 for new customers. Piss and moan a bit and you will get it for that.

Tbh, since the 5 channels have been launched, I have watched them all of oohhh, twice. 4HD is a shower of shite as most of the stuff is up scaled. Nat Geo is really good when it's actually HD footage (there is a lot of archive footage that is not HD). There is nothing on FX that interests me just now so can't really comment on that. MTVHD is actually not bad, although the amount of live music 'videos' annoys me. Not watched anything on ESPN yet (only staretd today and it's been ad's so far from what I have seen).

Rumours are that deals have been signed to broadcast Eurosport HD and History HD, although no 'go live' date has been set, but I don't think it will be to long a wait.

Overall it's a good improvement.

FTO GPX 2.0 V6
Quick question, do you know if you are able to connect the box with component leads or does it HAVE to be HDMI. Our HD ready TV is one of the first ones and doesn't have any HDMI leads, we will be getting a new tv, but not yet and wanted to get V+ HD asap.

FTO GPX 2.0 V6
Did they do you a deal?

It was £49. They also upgraded the broadband & phone package for an extra £3.70, it should have been an extra £8.50 a month. Gets installed Sat 15th in time to try out ESPN HD with the footy season starting!!;)