ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Virtual Clio

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
So my new company told me to find something to do this afternoon so I decided to scan up a cup packed hub.
Since my cars currently in pieces I’m aiming to get a full model of the engine done as “learning exercise”.
6482ADF5-B8BD-4B2E-BE7B-39BEB6D93FAC.jpeg

2014 Clio 200t edc
Very cool! Nowhere near clever enough to understand the possibilities of this but amazing all the same!

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Very cool! Nowhere near clever enough to understand the possibilities of this but amazing all the same!
That’s just a relatively simple 3D surface model good for checking tolerances vs the manufacturers specs.
Once I’ve got the H&S out the way I’ll be sticking it on the X-ray to see the quality of Renaults casting, if there’s voids etc.

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
There are a few resin printers so I will be printing some stuff at some point, obviously the data belongs to the company at this point so I can’t take it out the building without paying for it.

Decent!
What hardware are you using to scan the parts?

We’ve got pretty much everything but I used a hexagon arm to do this so accuracy is in the microns.
1610572180727.png

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
There are a few resin printers so I will be printing some stuff at some point, obviously the data belongs to the company at this point so I can’t take it out the building without paying for it.

We’ve got pretty much everything but I used a hexagon arm to do this so accuracy is in the microns.
View attachment 1515397
That's proper cool! Is the part on a rotating bed or does this just completely rotate around it?
So much potential for different parts.

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
That's proper cool! Is the part on a rotating bed or does this just completely rotate around it?
So much potential for different parts.

If you imagine painting something with spray paint that’s exactly how the arm works, the part stays still and you move around it.
Then you can move the part if you need to get something from the bottom for example and the software will be able to join those scans together to make the whole part.