ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

VLc streamer !!

Cupra
Yep, it's handy when you really can't be arsed to copy a film onto your iPad, but for the sake of 2 minutes extra time, I normally go for the copy option.

Getting a low battery warning kills the feed, and skipping back through the film to get to where you were is a pain in the arse with VLC streamer.

182 ff
Yep, it's handy when you really can't be arsed to copy a film onto your iPad, but for the sake of 2 minutes extra time, I normally go for the copy option.

Getting a low battery warning kills the feed, and skipping back through the film to get to where you were is a pain in the arse with VLC streamer.

thanks andy, thought the content of the film had to be in mp4 if putting onto the ipad thou ??
where as via vlc it will play avi etc ?

It doesn't with me. It just pauses the movie and then you can carry on from where you were.

It's a nifty bit of software. I've not bought the full version yet though cos there's a couple of others that do the same thing so I want to try them all. I've no complaints with VLC so far though. Not that I expected anyway - I've used their media player on my PC for years. I wouldn't use anything else.

Cupra
thanks andy, thought the content of the film had to be in mp4 if putting onto the ipad thou ??
where as via vlc it will play avi etc ?

Not if you are using AVPlayerHD. you can just drag and drop the films in itunes and it plays all formats.

182 ff
VLC is converting as it plays.

yes mike i know, andy said why not spend 2 minutes putting it onto the actual ipad instead, i said thought the films had to be on mp4 if directly on the ipad.

i bought the full version and for me its the nuts.

on another note how do i get my ps3 to read my laptop then ?? im guessing i can do the same thing to the ps3 as im doing to the ipad ??