ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

vm ware nagios appliance

right i have downloaded a vmdk and vmx of an ubuntu 1.4 distro i have moved it to the data store when i go to create a new vm it doesnt bring anything up in the datastore

Renaultsport Clio 200
You should be able to browse to the datastore, right click the vmdk and select "add to inventory" if you are using an ESX server that is?

or, alternatively I leave it on my local PC and run the import wizard to drag it onto the ESX server, whichever way suits you :)

im using esxi 3.5 connected to the box with the infrastructure client

ive browsed teh data store now and right clicked the vmx and selected add to inventory it did that but now it says its invalid once its added it to the list of vm's (its the only one though)

DCi
My boss wants to setup a nagios machine for our site but our firewall blocks apt-get etc so he has to take it home every tome he wants to change it haha

Obviously we don't control the firewall :rasp:

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
lol.. thread of lazyness or what ?

I wouldn't say it takes 2 minutes to setup.. more like hours depending on complexity but it's a good learning experience ;)

i got the jump box working in the end i needed to import it via the vm ware converter for some reason same with the ubuntu distro

with nagios do i really need to manually add every thing i want it to monitor ?