ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

VOIP phones. please explain

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
At work i have a normal BT line - works fine.

I have a VOIP line too which is pretty rubbish tbh.

I have two of these phones on the VOIP clicky Although looking on their website it appears to just be a normal phone? However i am sure it is working on the VOIP.

I have a VOIP phone clicky but it is not working too great. When i ring people it has silence for a few seconds on connection where i can't hear anything but the person on the other end can hear me.

The other handsets are ok but i do get an echo on the ring... all rather strange.

Does this sound like a phone issue or a service issue?

Plus can i just unplug my old portable voip phone and just plug another straight in and it would still work?

Rav4
service issue.

the calls are most likely re-routed through india or somewhere like that, hence reduced quality * they do this to cut down their costs.

Within reason, you could use pretty much any Voip phone.

Clio200 EDC Lux
I got the BT homehub voip phone, great bit of kit sound quality is same as normal phone... however if I ring my parents bt voip you get the hi def sound which is excellent.