ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Volantech buttons

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
People with volantech panels, out of curiosity what colours have have you gone for? I assume they are always laid out horn at top then cc on the lower two on 6 button panels.

Andy P

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172, i20N
Here's mine. Red on top, black bottom two.
IMG_9969.jpg

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
You can actually pop out the buttons and change the colour in the future anyway. They're just cheap momentary switches.
Oh that makes it an easier choice then, what is the difference with a non esp and esp steering wheel boss? My 02 172 has no esp buy I have added cruise and speed limiter so do I still need the non esp boss?

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
So which boss from volantech do I need for a ph2 172 with cruise and speed limiter?

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
4 button panel for CC and limiter. 6 button for CC, limiter and the horn.
Yeah but they do two bosses, one for 172 non esp, one for with esp but as I've added cc and limiter I'm not sure if the difference is to allow for the cables

Kiffle

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah but they do two bosses, one for 172 non esp, one for with esp but as I've added cc and limiter I'm not sure if the difference is to allow for the cables
Oh, boss, sorry my bad! The ESP compatible boss has a larger cut out for the cables I believe. They're spot on for replying to messages though so probs best to double check.

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
Can't be much different to swapping a wheel over or retrofitting cruise control, just plugs I'd imagine

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
It might be related to whether they have a little tab in them or not, stops the angle sensor rotating/ allows indicators to cancel. Just get a momo boss for ESP.