ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Water Temp gauge low

dCi 65 + C2 (<Sold)
Normally it takes about 5-10 mins to warm up, but it's been dodgy since last week, and stays below the first marker, even after 30 mins of motorway driving. The heat coming through from the fans @ full whack on hottest setting isn't really all that warm either. Don't know if it's worth a mention but it also sounds like birds tweeting occasionally (LOL) when the fan is on. All this has just started within the last week or so, but it has been really cold so I was wondering if that's a factor or if it's something more sinister.

Car itself is running fine, after 10 mins or so it feels like it should when I put the foot down.

Is there something wrong or will it get better after the cold snap?

182, SQ7, Trafic
Common problem, few of us have it! Although no one really knows why! I've changed temp sensor and different stat and it still reads low when going along, which lowers your redline too!

If you sit the car in one spot does it creep up to dead on halfway as I know mine does which would prove everything is working fine

dCi 65 + C2 (<Sold)
Nope I searched and read about it fluctuating a lot but mine stays at that temp, if I turn the fans off then it goes up one small dot and that's it, which is why I'm slightly confused! :(

dCi 65 + C2 (<Sold)
So it could be the thermostat?

If it only does it in the bitter cold I'm not overly bothered about changing it tbh lol.

182, SQ7, Trafic
Well I don't know as I had a new engine, with new thermostat and it still does exactly the same thing!