ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Web hosting server reset?

Ian

Focus TDCi
I've been building a new website and hosting it on a Relichost server while doing so. Two days ago I went to log on, but instead of seeing my website there was a cPanel 'holding' page. Today the website is back up, but it's an old version, like they've done some sort of system restore.

So, does anyone else use Relichost and have they had any problems over the last few days and what are the chances that my website will update to the latest version at some point?

According to here the Relichost server is still down.. I think?

Thanks for any help, I'm not really sure how all this works, except that I seem to have wasted a lot of time as things stand!

Cheers,
Ian

Rav4
Hi,

I don't use them, has a similar thing with another company.

They restored a 2 week old backup and I lost all the changes I made through them, thankfully, I had a local backup.

I was peed off and left, due to the fact that a service cannot run like that.

Not much help here, but I would phone them up and speak to them.

Do you have a local copy?

Ian

Focus TDCi
Ah cheers gabi. :) I don't have a local copy, but there's no major rush to get it up and running (as much as I wish I did have a local copy!). Converted it all from .html to .php to avoid having to make individual page changes, so will have to do that again, as well as a few design changes.

Might have to make a project thread as there's a few things I need to sort out - search forms, contact forms etc.

Rav4
Cool :)

php is great, simply the includes function saves so much work.

ever thought of using something like wordpress as a cms?

Could use all the plugins for forms and galleries........

Ian

Focus TDCi
Yeah have thought about it, mainly because I want the three newest events to show on the index page and then an archive of all events on a separate page(s) - not something I know how to code myself. Think you have to pay for the pro version to create custom designs though (to make it fit the website's look) don't you?

There are tons and tons of mods/plugins for it too, giving a whole host of useful features....all explained on their website

Ian

Focus TDCi
As long as it looks like all my own work it sounds like a winner. I assume you don't use them though?

Ian

Focus TDCi
Wish I could.. this Wordpress is feckin' confusing! Got it installed now, but it looks like a normal Wordpress blog. Think I've found where to edit the style sheet, but not sure which content I can and can't replace. Will have a mess anyway.

Ian

Focus TDCi
You keep winking at me and giving me vague hints and you'll be getting a phone call to walk me through it lol. :) Will have a look for these tutorials for some explanation of the hundreds of non-descript files that I've suddenly been landed with.

Edit: I'm guessing this should do it?: http://jonathanwold.com/tutorials/wordpress_integration/

Last edited: