ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Well I just don't get it... :/

Ok over Christmas I wrote off my last set of alloys and since february put my steelies back on so I rang elephant and told them to take alloys off my policy the guy said I have done although it didn't affect my premium it didn't go up nor down

Ok I thought weird :/ but I didn't complain

As of recently I put alloys back on and informed my insurance today of the change and they now want to charge me £17.50 to put them back on. How can this be right? I've emailed them back saying in not happy with it sure it's only £18 but that's not the point even my last insurer only charged me £5 for putting alloys on

I really don't get insurance scandals I mean company's

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
They will charge you for any change to your policy during the years cover, unless you're with Brentacre,
they couldn't give a flying f*ck what you do to your car as long as you tell them. :D

Just don't take them off next time.

But if I had a bump (god forbid) it would state I had alloy wheels on the car when I have steelies on that would render my policy null and void surely?

They will charge you for any change to your policy during the years cover, unless you're with Brentacre,
they couldn't give a flying f*ck what you do to your car as long as you tell them. :D

I think I'll look into them :) lol well next year when I'm due up again why didn't the charge me for changing my policy though when I took them off it's odd lol

Sounds more like an Admin fee tbh. I imagine they will change documents and send them back out to you showing they are on the policy.

That was also a thought but then again does it really cost them 18 quid for someone to tick a box on a computer and push save then a letter probably gets printed automatically then it's a case of run a stack of letters to go out through the letter machine and the mail man collects

It's not much effort on their part and they sent me out another certificate and letter through the post when I took the alloys off and there was no charge? I'm miffed haha

They are robbing b******s its that much takes a minute to click a check box on my account against alloy wheels to say I have them to which I'm sure a company as big as elephant would automatically print out a letter which is no doubt folded enveloped and franked by machine lol it's just odd still awaiting a reply of the emails... Hopefully Monday I'll have an "Excuse"

225 Cup & Williams

Indeed. Love being insured with brentacre they are brilliant to deal with.

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
They're running a business.

So explain to me why they've not charged him to take the alloys off but are trying to charge him to put them back on? I'm all for 'They're running a business' but there's nothing wrong with questioning their logic.

C1 VTR (Company Car)
So explain to me why they've not charged him to take the alloys off but are trying to charge him to put them back on? I'm all for 'They're running a business' but there's nothing wrong with questioning their logic.

As stated in an earlier post, most insurance companys I know of are about £15 for a change in policy mid-term. So £18 to put alloys on is almost certainly an admin fee. My insurance company made a change to my policy with something they had found and i was charged about £17 for that aswell.

always read the small print.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member

I've no idea. Maybe they just want to make even more money!

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
I'd guess that the reduction in premium he'd receive for removing the alloys covered the admin fee the first time, so they just say "no charge" rather than "here's £18 back, now we'd like £18 admin fee"

Simple.

I didnt get a reduction in my premium mate that's the odd thing it never changed surely it would have been 18 quid cheaper if that was the case but no it stayed as it was when I renewed in may

Their email back:

All prices quoted are in pounds sterling.

Thank you for contacting us about your policy, registration X295DDB.

The alloys wheels are classed as non-standard to your vehicle, as they are
not factory fitted. The alloy wheels increase the risk to insure your vehicle

If you have any further questions about your policy, our representatives are
always happy to help. Our email address is help@elephant.co.uk.

Alternatively, you can call them on the telephone number above between 8am an
10pm weekdays, 9am and 5pm Saturdays and 10am and 4pm Sundays.

Yours sincerely

Abdi Arish
Customer Services

Where was my £17.50 rebate since im less of a risk? huh?

Evo 8 MR
I'd guess that the reduction in premium he'd receive for removing the alloys covered the admin fee the first time, so they just say "no charge" rather than "here's £18 back, now we'd like £18 admin fee"

Simple.

/Close Thread.