ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Welsh roadtrip - epic roads!

Clio 172 RS2
Truly epic...

Spotted anyone from EVO doing a roadtest? ;)

Never took my Mini up there when doing Mini in the Park @ the time.

These are brilliant roads! You've got some amazing pics!

I did them over the summer. Researched the roads Top Gear use for filming A4061 and surrounding roads. Drove from Kent to Brecon and spent the day blasting around.

Pity the backbox fell off on the Severn Bridge. It was like driving a fookin' Le Mans car.

Here are some of my pics. Didnt take that many. Was to busy driving!

03092009301.jpg

03092009302.jpg

03092009306.jpg
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c77/cmelia/brecon drive/03092009306.jpg

03092009298.jpg

03092009304.jpg

03092009300.jpg

03092009307.jpg

Sorry for the crappy camera phone pics. I'm going to go back next spring with my tent and spend the weekend up there.

The best part of the day, bar the roads, weather, the 172 was the fact that there was bugger all on the roads. Must have seen 10 cars all afternoon.

dzm

Inferno 182 + cup packs
Thanks for all the nice comments!

Good work Mells - you're even more hardcorer than me going from Kent. I only had to get there from Surrey!

Didn't see anyone from Evo out and about, but in October I was lucky enough to get the chance to help out on Performance Car mag's COTY test on the roads of Snowdonia. Awesome collection of cars and amazing roads. You'll all be able to read about it in the Jan issue, and i've got some behind the scenes pics, but i'll wait to post them up until the issue is out.