ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What colour rocker...

Tungy
Just gave my engine a jetwashing. Hopefully not buggered anything! Going to take my rocker cover off possibly tomorrow to sand it down and respray it. Any idea what colour I should go for?

P1010183.jpg

P.s. Sorry I haven't got no overhead pics where you can actually 'see' the cover. Dads taken the camera on holiday and I cant plug my phone into my PC as it's playing up.

tiTTy & SV650
christ a jet wash?! thats either very brave or very stupid, steam generator if anything.

Hope its not a very powerful one

Tungy
Lol Rory. I bagged up the ECU and fuse box and took the chance. The engin will be out for another couple of months anyway o plenty of time for things to dry out... Was thinking silver but I'm planning on spraying the manifolds, head and the cover over the top of the pulleys in silver so maybe a bit OTT? Not sure about red as it wouldn't match anything? Thinking maybe gloss black or is it possible to polish them for a chrome like finish?

tiTTy & SV650
didnt mean the water aspect, more the pressure, jet washers are very powerful and can do a fair bit of damage.

motocross guys use em all over theiir bikes engines included I suppose. But I just cringe everytime lol

Tungy
Knowing my luck it will probably explode when I put it back in or something haha. Anyway... time to experiment with colours. Anyone got any pics of there resprayed valver rocker covers?