ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What computer would you go for

Fiesta Zetec S TDCI
I cba looking at the others, but that one rdmsport has pointed out is horribly overpriced... Thought about building one yourself? You can still get VAT back on bits, and theres loads of help to be had (here + other forums/mates). PM me if you want some help

The wired to fire one, it says i can have with another graphics card. With 2 graphics cards would it be better then the one you suggested?

I cba looking at the others, but that one rdmsport has pointed out is horribly overpriced... Thought about building one yourself? You can still get VAT back on bits, and theres loads of help to be had (here + other forums/mates). PM me if you want some help

Its just time and effort dude which i cant be arsed with, i will build one eventually however id rather do without the hassle and have atleast a years warranty.

However...

You think is easy for a an amateur? My worry would be if i was to put wrong bits with eachother.

Toyota MR2
when your looking at that kind of spec. unless you tend on running 2 diffrent games split screen while running itunes in the background doing 3 diffrent virus checks and hosting an online p**n site you wont have any issue's with any of them really.

Fiesta Zetec S TDCI
Yeah I wouldnt get one off ebay for starters. Can you not build one yourself or get someone to build you one.

If not then getting one from wired to fire or somewhere like thatwould be your best option. Just make sure to shop arround for the best price/spec.

EDIT...

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=451387

This man speaks sense.

Other places to look at are Scan.co.uk.... and..... well I can't think of any others atm... but scan are brilliant - massive company, good warranty/RMA service.

I'll pick one out for you... if you tell me what you plan to use it for? (i.e. you play games, but also do video editing etc)

Building one yourself is an interesting thing to do - and its not as hard as it sounds as long as you've got someone guiding you through it. I'd offer to help, however you're a bit far from me (Buxton). Theres bound to be someone on here!

I just want it for games, no split screen stuff, probs not even MMOs Just the new games etc. Im an ex geek and have been out of the loop for a while. I wasnt going to buy off of ebay, just using them as spec guides.

Mayb i will look at build one myself but i can see it being more aggro then its worth, however i dont know anyone who has done it, Have any of you built your own one?

Fiesta Zetec S TDCI
I've built plenty of PCs (in fact I am a reviewer at a computer review website).
I could give you verbal/MSN instruction if you wanted, but as I say it's probably better if you've got a pro doing it with you.

If you don't want to build it yourself, something like this:
http://3xs.scan.co.uk/ShowSystem.asp?SystemID=1017

Would be good - its i5 based (the latest intel CPU).

Otherwise, use this to choose a system for you: http://3xs.scan.co.uk/

IIRC they exclude monitors, but can be added to the basket once you've chosen your PC. I'd put aside £200 for a good monitor (though some for £150 are brilliant, if you want the dogs balls though, look at spending £300-400 on one, this is the extreme enthusiast market though, and I myself have a £200 monitor from 2 years ago - still brilliant for my needs).

Fiesta Zetec S TDCI
If you wanted to build it yourself, *potentially* you could order all the bits, then bring them over to me & we could put them together - in exchange you could take my out in the '200, as I've yet to go out in a 'Sport... potentially being a big word - as I'm about to start a new job, so it'd all depend on timing.

Im quite far away from you dude. Perhaps i should begin with the website which you suggested. If ever you are down hertford way you are more then welcome for a ride.

Thanks alot for all your help, perhaps i will have an ask around and see whos about who knows what they are doing. If not i will configure one through the website.
Cheers

Fiesta Zetec S TDCI
Good idea - it is quite a drive to mine afterall...

And thanks - I may just take you up on that offer in the distant future :p

I'll keep an eye out for deals. May be worth waiting a short while as the Core i5 cpu has only just been released - cheaper parts may become available soon (including cheaper systems)

Tesla MP3 2021
I got all my parts from scan for my latest build. £3000 worth lol. Building PCs is great fun but it can be abit daunting when you have been out of the loop for a while like you have and I was the same but you soon get back in the swing of things.

I built a £1000 one for my mate last month and that's a very good spec and it plays all the new games with ease, not as good as mine of course, again all the parts were from scan. YouTube a guy called tjharlow who is an American customer builder who is great. His vids will help if you decide to build your own, which I think you should. If you take your time and check everything twice then you can't go wrong.

Feel free to have a look at some of my old threads when I built mine for an idea of specc

Monaro VXR
PC building is easy to be honest. The hardest part of doing it i reckon is putting the wires from the start buttons onto the correct pins on the mother board. And the only reason it is so difficult for me is that I have big hands and the pins are bloody tiny.

Otherwise 2 hours to build it and sort all the cabling out so it looks neat. 45 minutes to install the OS and another hour downloading and installing the latest drivers.

My worry would be the warranty thing, if i get a problem after 6 months, i have to sort it and i dont think i know enough about computers to do that anymore. If i had someone to fall back on then that would be one thing. Another thing, how much am i likely to save? If i spend 1100+ Vat on a computer how much would i save, because if its only like £150 i would pay that just to have peace of mind :)