ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What is a Roadspring?

Titanium Clio 182
Mine is broke, i took it into Rentech for the service and he said it was broke and should be covered by my warranty. What is the roadspring?

Volvo S60 T5
Its part of the suspension system, when a car is lowered say on Apex springs, thats what a roadspring is basically. Your one is proper snapped at the back its not likely to drop out but its the 1st on I have seen broken on a 182. Warranty will cover that.

williams 2
i though it was called a load spring?? afeects braking power to the back brakes dependant on load (weight) over the rear axel!

common on audi's but like mike said i havent seen one one a clio yet!

one_seven_two said:
i though it was called a load spring?? afeects braking power to the back brakes dependant on load (weight) over the rear axel!

common on audi's but like mike said i havent seen one one a clio yet!
I think Mike means a road spring is just the normal suspension spring. Your thinking of brake pressure compensators.
Mikes on about these one if I'm right.
http://www.k-tecracing.com/products/clio2/suspension/eibach_pro_springs_t.jpg
(the one on the left and right of the pictures are the rear "road" springs).