ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

what kind of businesses have sand blasters?

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
as the title says, what companies would have sand blasters that would be able to blast my wheels? can't think of any!

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
only need it to do four wheels though, seems a bit of a waste to hire something just for that, plus never used one so...

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
yeah, was thinking that but thought they might be extortionate prices because its their business!

my dad and mate are both going to try and pull some strings so should be ok!

Chocolate Bar™
Nah i mean just pay for them to sand blast the wheels, and then do the refurb yourself. If they wont then try general metal refurbers, for example theres a company by me that powder coats metal parts for track cars etc

only need it to do four wheels though, seems a bit of a waste to hire something just for that, plus never used one so...
Then just throw sand at the wheels you tight git! Might take a while (a good few years), but it'll work out cheap, eh?

Carrera 4S. Clio 172. M5
You need to be careful; sand blasting wheels is as much a skill as painting them afterwards.
The grit will break up the metal alloy surface of the wheel if you are not careful.
Get a wheel refurbisher to do it then if it all goes Pete Tong you have someone to have a go at.

Last edited:

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
a mate just told me about a company who did his work mates wheels, apparently for £100 they will sand blast, powder coat and put some tyres on...sounds good to me!

gonna find out tomorrow!

Da

Less
I know a company local to me, they're called Burnley Bead Blasting and basically do every kind of shot/sand/bead blasting and powder coating you can think of. Oh and he does mine free (if I ever need them!) ;)