ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What lens is best to buy?

Slow red one
Thinking about getting a lens good for zooming in for far away shots, any help and info on what to get for my cannon 450d would be great.
Thanks

SchwepTek™
Budget?

For around £150 you want the Sigma 70-300mm APO.

For around £450 you want the Canon 70-200 F4L.

If you want to spend more than that, there's loads....LOL!

Slow red one
Erm £100 -£200 but am just curious at the min as I don't know much on which is best to buy. that sigma one looks good! thanks for help so far

Renault Clio 1.5 DCi
If you going to keep at it, save for something decent. I did the cheap option to "get by" but ended up with lenses that were great IF there was enough light.

Keep an eye on MPB Photographic's site, Aperture Photographic since they have some awesome 2nd hand deals.

Nimbus 197
If you going to keep at it, save for something decent. I did the cheap option to "get by" but ended up with lenses that were great IF there was enough light.

Keep an eye on MPB Photographic's site, Aperture Photographic since they have some awesome 2nd hand deals.

+1

I am now in the process of "upgrading" from entry level lenses to the ones I should have bought in the first place.....

Renault Clio 1.5 DCi
+1

I am now in the process of "upgrading" from entry level lenses to the ones I should have bought in the first place.....
Next lens on my "upggrade" list has got to be the 200 2.8. :)
Didn't realize there was that much difference tbh but just shows it costs more for good reason!
Thanks
Lenses will last you a lifetime if you stick with the same brand. I have a few back from the 80's which is just as good as when it was made. :)

The cheaper stuff will be decent enough but once you start looking for extreme clarity, the difference is visible.

A 70-200 f/4L non IS is an amazing lens considering its a Canon "luxury" lens even though its the basic one out of the lot considering theres also a 70-200 f/4L IS, 70-200 f/2.8 non IS and a 70-200 f/2.8 IS.

If £400 is still out of your budget, then the only other one I would put up slightly lower is Canon's 55-250 IS which is awesome if you run alongside the 18-55 kit lens. Means you have the 18-250mm range covered in two lenses.