ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

what phone to replace k850i

since my latest k850i has died and i cant remember if this is 5th since last december 02 are replacing my phone with whatever i wish (other than iphone) so question for you is which phone do i get!!

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
N96 is apparently decent

omnia is very nice but touchscreen and occ. you have to use the stylus.
If your web browing the nokias have larger screens so better viewing.

try www.cnet.co.uk for reviews

B

Bucko

I love my iPhone but as you said you can't have one. Before i considered the iPhone i was waiting for the Nokia N96, great camera and i'm sure the internet is alright.

I'm assuming you want to stay away from SE phone if you've had so many problems with the K850i? I've heard bad things about SE but never actually owned one. I used to be a Nokia man until i picked up an iPhone when browsing in the O2 shop one day.

BMW 330D
Ive just purchased a HTC Diamond.
Hasnt arrived as yet, but similar to an iphone from what i can gather.

?
whys it better?

The screen isnt plastic on th 2G, and the back doesnt Scratch as easily........its generally better quality

Its not better build quality! try smashing your 2g glass then looking for a replacement... you cant replace the glass as its welded/glued onto the lcd. 2gs are known to smash from the most unlikely of drops/impacts... at least on the 3g the glass/plastic is seperate to the lcd so if you do smash it you can just replace the glass.

Apart from that their basically the same thing!!!

Gavin.

ClioSport Club Member
The screen isnt plastic on th 2G, and the back doesnt Scratch as easily........its generally better quality

Its not better build quality! try smashing your 2g glass then looking for a replacement... you cant replace the glass as its welded/glued onto the lcd. 2gs are known to smash from the most unlikely of drops/impacts... at least on the 3g the glass/plastic is seperate to the lcd so if you do smash it you can just replace the glass.

Apart from that their basically the same thing!!!

The 2G is still a better build quality lcd aside. They had to produce them cheaper to make them available to the mass market, hence the cheaper components.
Yea the 3G obviously has quicker connection rate than the Edge on the 2G and you may as well forget the added GPS its useless!

Last edited: