ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

what to get when I'm 19

Clio 1.2 Extreme.
Basically I'm quite bored sunbathing haha and I'd like to know what you people think I should get for my next car! My insurance is up for renewal in May I'd hopefully have 2 years no claims and I'd be 19! I'm currently driving a mk2 1.2 clio and atm I love clios so want one next! I'm currently paying 1000 squids for my insurance fully comp and I was liking at a mk 3 1.6 clio and it said my insurance would be 700! Fully comp also I got a reg of what I though was a mk2 172 but g compare said it was a 182 and it quoted me 1400?

​ which one would you think I should go for when I'm 19?

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
If I was 19 again, with my knowledge now, I'd be driving around in a mk1 1.6 Focus.

But not a green one like I had.

brisa4984

ClioSport Club Member
just get what you can afford.

i was a pretty daft 19yr old so rs capability would probably have put me in hospital. Granted its not a ferrari but compared to other trolleys its pretty fast.

Why not stick with what you have again until your insurance becomes reasonable?

Paying anywhere near £1000 is just ridiculous but then that's the price nowadays I suppose.

Upgrading to a 1.6 isn't going to give you much performance gain and then you'll be hit with even bigger depreciation with it being a newer car.

RB 200
yep .. I went from a 1.2 mk 2 to a 1.4 mk3 and wish I hadn't bothered, should got a 172 instead. sharp got bored and had to wait to get a 200.

if you think about it, the insurance maybe £200-£300 more, but the car will be cheaper so really you'll save a few quid getting a 172 :D

Now I've actually bothered to read, if you're actually going to change, out of those two get the 172. The MK3 isn't worth the extra cash for the very little performance gain over your 1.2 and probably no extra toys either.

Last edited by a moderator:
  RB Clio 182
worst-car-1.jpg

Basically I'm quite bored sunbathing haha and I'd like to know what you people think I should get for my next car! My insurance is up for renewal in May I'd hopefully have 2 years no claims and I'd be 19! I'm currently driving a mk2 1.2 clio and atm I love clios so want one next! I'm currently paying 1000 squids for my insurance fully comp and I was liking at a mk 3 1.6 clio and it said my insurance would be 700! Fully comp also I got a reg of what I though was a mk2 172 but g compare said it was a 182 and it quoted me 1400?

​ which one would you think I should go for when I'm 19?

May next year ??? id enjoy the car you have and worry about that later lol forward thinking a bit there lol

got my 182 not long after i was 20, 2 year ncb i think, 1600 from admiral (with a few mods nearly 1700), so if u can get one for 1400 go for it! Best thing i ever did car wise!

renault clio 182
This or buy a saxo vtr and put a vts lump in, cheaper insurance. GREAT cars.

This there cheap too insure and also so much potential and generally cheap too fix and very quick for a 1.6 I spent loads on mine but used too surprise so many cars with it

RB 200
Now I've actually bothered to read, if you're actually going to change, out of those two get the 172. The MK3 isn't worth the extra cash for the very little performance gain over your 1.2 and probably no extra toys either.

lol at this. Doesn't it always come in handy even when your a bit older than 19? :D

Last edited by a moderator:
well bud, im 19 with 1 years NCB, and ive got myself a mk3 1.2 (not saying you should get one) but giving you an idea of how much insurance is a year for me (then it'll be a little lesser for you) Im paying 840 for it. I was looking at a 1.2TCE cause i wanted to be like TurboSnail. but the insurance only increased by £20.

I'm with Aviva btw, Oh and before that lovely quote from them I went on G compare too, and was quoted from £1,260 to £1500..

Hope this helps!

Get something with a Turbo bolted on, they sound sweet and push out some ponies
Mine and my mates are both 1.2's but his is a Turbo and pushes 25bhp more than me...