ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What Type Of Shot Is This?

edit: thanks to jord Q is answerd. . .

If you have any of these kind of pics can you post them please

nth

tyu.jpg

DSC_4589.gif

VaVa
The photographer is in a car travelling at the same speed as the object car, thus can select a slightly slower shutter speed to blur the back ground yet keep the car in focus.

I think.

And I have no idea if there's a specific name for it lol

Cupra
It is just basic panning. The ones above have been shot out of a car moving at the same speed as the subject which helps accentuate the effect.

You keep the subject in the same spot in the viewfinder while the world around it moves. Lower shutter speeds (<250) make shots like this possble.

Edit... beaten to it. Must refresh before replying. ;)

It is just basic panning. The ones above have been shot out of a car moving at the same speed as the subject which helps accentuate the effect.

I thought it was specifically not panning, with panning you will be stationary whilst the object (car) is moving, the photos above are tracking shots from a vehicle travelling at the same speed.

It's fairly straightforward anyhow, when you're a passenger take a photo on your phone of a car near you on a DC or Motorway, all the background/wheel blur is taken care of due to the speed, so even a completely auto shot from a phone will give you the same effect.

Cupra
I thought it was specifically not panning, with panning you will be stationary whilst the object (car) is moving, the photos above are tracking shots from a vehicle travelling at the same speed.

:eek: You are, of course, correct.