ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

what upgrades to start with

iceberg 172
Just wondering really what you lot would suggest doing to a 172 that's completely standard currently, I don't have tons of cash but I want to make a start! Any help would be grateful

225 Cup & Williams
If it's completely standard I'd honestly leave it like that if I were you. Maybe start refreshing parts ie new bushes, balljoints etc.

banther

ClioSport Club Member
How low budget are we talking?

Cheap - Headlight restoration (search 3M kit), replace bulbs, change the rear number plate bulb to an LED, brake discs & pads (use G172 on here), suspension refresh (about £230 IIRC), 2nd hand uprated exhaust (roughly £225), wheel refurb, home made intake (use the search bar - about £100).

​Just some ideas off the top of my head!

WRX
Depends what you're using it for. If just for road use, then I wouldn't bother touching it personally. If you're after power, then it's not going to make much difference, unless you're willing to spend a few grand. If you're after numbers, then a genuine 200bhp car is going to be cost between £1.5 to 2k. Have a good search and you'll see plenty of threads with various outcomes.

iceberg 172
Its completely standard, only the CD player is different LOL I'm looking to spend money on it, it has been well looked after by the lad who owned it previously and a lease company owned it for the fisrt six months, I'm just wondering where to start really as I've never really played with cars much and thought this the best place to get advice ;-)

banther

ClioSport Club Member
I did.

Obviously not full refresh - that ould be ludicrously cheap. Changing out dampers on mine made a huge difference.

More mods;
RS Tuner - 98 RON Map
​Tyres!! Loads of threads here going round and round and round in circles on which are the best to get in your budget.

iceberg 172
cheers lads for the help im going to have a think as i definitely want to make some subtle changes, mostly to do with the handling and engine, i want mine pushing 200bhp aha :p