ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What wheel nuts on turinis?

182 RB FF
I’m putting some 172 turinis on a 182 but the standard 182 nuts won’t fit or will just about but no chance of getting a socket on them. What wheel nuts are used with turinis. Can anyone advise please. Thanks.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Show us a picture of your nuts. (!)

I’ve got standard 172/182 wheel bolts on mine and I’ve had turinis, 182 wheels, steel wheels, williams wheels, TD 1.2’s on my car and only ever used the standard bolts. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Mr Underhill

ClioSport Club Member
I’m putting some 172 turinis on a 182 but the standard 182 nuts won’t fit or will just about but no chance of getting a socket on them. What wheel nuts are used with turinis. Can anyone advise please. Thanks.
I have the cup offset 38.5 ET Turini's on my 182's with standard nuts.

182 RB FF
to be honest he could have maybe just about got the 3 normal nuts on but didn’t want to damage the wheels with the socket piece as it was such a tight fit. The locking wheel nut socket piece won’t even go in the hole so no chance there. He suggested getting slim bolts that have an internal hole to put in a torx or hex attachment. Do you have locking nuts on them or just 4 normal bolts?

182 RB FF
They’re my current bolts
6047DEE8-3B1A-419B-8655-F32F661596F8.jpeg

hopgop1

ClioSport Club Member
Locking wheel nut key can easily damage the nut holes if you're not careful, I just binned off the locking wheel nut and went for all normal bolts. Also got a slim 19mm impact socket for good measure.

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
  A Yellow One
They are genuine Renaultsport turinis and not from something else are they?

182 RB FF
Yes I know they’re the standard ones. The garage couldn’t get the turinis on as the bolts wouldn’t fit. They are proper Renault turinis off a 172. They have been refurbed so maybe the coating is too thick? The 3 normal bolts would go in but he didn’t want to damage the wheels with his socket that was tight but the socket for the locking wheel bolt is no where near going in the hole

Yarp

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Suppose they are 19mm heads. Could always swap them to ones with 17mm heads for a bit more clearance. That’s what I’ve got but just because they come with the spacers I use. I binned the locking nut off on mine, they were just a faff and always piss me off.

Halfords do an impact socket with a plastic sleeve that I can highly recommend. No need for it on my Clio, but on my 335 the holes narrow and deep and that stopped any unwanted damage

182 RB FF
Suppose they are 19mm heads. Could always swap them to ones with 17mm heads for a bit more clearance. That’s what I’ve got but just because they come with the spacers I use. I binned the locking nut off on mine, they were just a faff and always piss me off.

Halfords do an impact socket with a plastic sleeve that I can highly recommend. No need for it on my Clio, but on my 335 the holes narrow and deep and that stopped any unwanted damage

Sounds good. What bolts did you use. Am I right in saying they are
m12x1.5 26mm long 60 degree seat?

Yarp

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
I don’t know what they are to be honest. They just came with the spacer kit so are about 60mm long.

Can’t quote the seat or length but they are def m12 x 1.5

182 RB FF
I don’t know what they are to be honest. They just came with the spacer kit so are about 60mm long.

Can’t quote the seat or length but they are def m12 x 1.5
What do you require the spacer for? Don’t the turinis already sit further out as it is because of their offset? Do yours sit further out again?