ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What would you do?

PH1 WANTED
Ive currently been looking at getting another Trophy as a weekend car/toy but thinking is it really worth spending the extra £1500-£2000 to get a decent one over a 182 with sensible mods? Or using the rest of the money to get mods done?

Ive had a Trophy and think its probably the best Renault I've owned. I basically have £5000 to play with and have been finding Trophy prices people want so much money for them. Even ones with fairly high mileage.

Any thoughts?

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
James Trophy in the classifieds looks a decent buy/price, almost tempted to sell mine for it

133/225/CLS AMG
I guess with the Trophy being the most desirable model they hold their premiums better.

Thing is you could probably get a lower mileage, better condition car for less money. I'd take a mint 182 over an average Trophy personally. Wouldn't take much to have it handing similarly.

PH1 WANTED
Yeah Alex that does sound the better option and been looking around. I'm in no made rush so keeping the options open.

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
I costed up the mods for suspension, seats, wheels etc on a 182 and for the spec I wanted it turned out cheaper to just buy a Trophy.

107 Track Car & C4
Instead of starting a new thread, I thought I'd hijack this one..

I have been recently looking at replacing my 182 for a 182 Trophy, not for any major reason other than I just fancy a slight change. In all honest opinion how much better are they as a day-to-day car over a normal 182 (Non-Cup)? I doubt I'd ever be taking it on a track, it'd just be used at weekends as I cycle to work now.

Liam

Last edited: