ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wheel Brush for TD's

MrBlonde

ClioSport Club Member
Looking for a wheel cleaning brush that i can use to clean the inside of my TD pro's please without taking wheels off.If anyone could recommend one please who maybe also have TD's,Thanks

20200422_150111.jpg

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
I use this on everything.

frayz

ClioSport Club Member
Wheel Woolies medium & small.
Far and away the best brushes I’ve ever used. Mine get used twice a week every week and still as good as new 2 years on.
Composite handles so won’t scratch your rims either.

Amos91

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
I've got both and it really depends on the alloy, but typically still use the EZ for the barrel. Wheel Woolies in between spokes alongside a soft brush.

frayz

ClioSport Club Member
Just realised
I have this issue with my wheels using a Meguairs wheel brush

Been looking at wheel woollies but I'm a tight Yorkshireman and begrudge paying £30 for a stick with some material on the end😂😂

Cheaper than a refurb when you scratch it with a £5 wire centred brush.
The set of 3 cost me £50 when i got them and i thought it was a bit strong. However i can honestly say they have ben worth every penny and would buy them again in a heartbeat. Mr Porsche would bum me for the tune of £7.5k for a new set of the Spyder alloys on the Cayman R.
A £50 set of brushes is cheap insurance to me and they dont degrade like others do either. :)

andy_coops

ClioSport Club Member
  172, VRS, Clio 5
I have this issue with my wheels using a Meguairs wheel brush

Been looking at wheel woollies but I'm a tight Yorkshireman and begrudge paying £30 for a stick with some material on the end😂😂

Buy the Meguiars brushes instead from Halfords and use your trade card 😉👍

Apparently on par with wheel woolies

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Just realised

Cheaper than a refurb when you scratch it with a £5 wire centred brush.
The set of 3 cost me £50 when i got them and i thought it was a bit strong. However i can honestly say they have ben worth every penny and would buy them again in a heartbeat. Mr Porsche would bum me for the tune of £7.5k for a new set of the Spyder alloys on the Cayman R.
A £50 set of brushes is cheap insurance to me and they dont degrade like others do either. :)
I mean a scratch from a wheel brush wont be that noticeable. They literally have rocks chucked up onto them 24/7

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
A scratch on my alloys I don't give a s**t about?😂😂

I paid £72 for them powdercoating, worst comes to worst ill get them redone😂 That Megs brush looks bang on, gonna order one
I'm annoyed about chipping of the powdercoat on wheels but a scratch is inevitable. Especially when driven everyday!

I'm going to grab one of those too. Thanks @andy_coops

frayz

ClioSport Club Member
The older Megs brushes were wire centred and had a small silicone cap on the top.
Often you would pull the brush back from the barrel of the wheel, the disc would pull the cap off and before you've realised it, you have stabbed the sharp wire end into your alloy. Even on a cheap set of wheels, that would piss me off.
You pay your money, you make your choice :)

Megane RS 265
I use the mini EZ wheel brush on my Turinis and it’s spot on, only brush I need for the spokes and inner barrels. Then just use a wash mitt for the wheel faces if needed.

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
The older Megs brushes were wire centred and had a small silicone cap on the top.
Often you would pull the brush back from the barrel of the wheel, the disc would pull the cap off and before you've realised it, you have stabbed the sharp wire end into your alloy. Even on a cheap set of wheels, that would piss me off.
But who jabs the front of the wheel brush into the face of the wheel? Just use a wash pad or small detailing brush for the front, then a longer reach for between the spokes. Unless you're going full hulk with the brush I dont think it's an issue 😂

Think you like spending money 👀 Too tight up north.

frayz

ClioSport Club Member
But who jabs the front of the wheel brush into the face of the wheel? Just use a wash pad or small detailing brush for the front, then a longer reach for between the spokes. Unless you're going full hulk with the brush I dont think it's an issue 😂

Think you like spending money 👀

Not in the front obviously, but you could easily dig the wire into the barrel. Its pretty easily done on the old crap designed brushes.
That posibilty doesnt even exist with a Wheel Woolie.

Who doesnt like spending money? Like many of us when it comes to our cars, just try and buy the best I can.

Perhaps you should check out the "false economy" thread :ROFLMAO: 😘

andy_coops

ClioSport Club Member
  172, VRS, Clio 5
The new ones are pretty much identical in design and construction to the Wheel Woolies.