ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wheel hub run out?

Anyone ever had wheel hub run out? If so what symptoms did you experience apart from the obvious vibration through the wheel?

I'm having a nightmare with this Mondeo with it pulling left and anything above 50mph the car's steering wheel (not the car) shakes like mad. Tried rotating all 4 wheels in all directions, had all 4 wheels balanced, full hunter hawkeye alignment and new tyres at the front. I've also upgraded to Mazda 3 MPS front calipers, new brembo discs and pads and it's made it worse hence me thinking hub run out as the bigger discs has exaggerated the issue.

Checked all the CV joints/boots, wishbones etc and all seem fine with no play, also no play in the wheel bearings.

Purchased a dial test indicator to check hub run out but it's only coming next week.

Pissing me off now as I've an OCD with car issues I can't diagnose.

Clio 2.0 16v 182
I'm guessing by "wheel hub" you mean the bearing. It's entirely possible but if the steering wheel is shaking alone then it's probably something to do with the rack