ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Where to by Sony T70MX

http://www.empiredirect.co.ukwww.empiredirect.co.uk seemed the best price without looking like a really amaturish website.

Price inc delivery was a few pennies over £200, something like £200.71p........

They have them in stock service is good, they call you to say when it should be delivered.

I bought a headunit on thursday, they rang saying it would be here tuesday (today) and its here :)

How do I know all this ? I ordered one yesterday :D

£191.90 all in though :)

Luckily I got a discount on my order otherwise I would be canceling it right about now :)

Yes I have one on order

I guess you will be using it with a Sony Headunit so you would need the following cable made by autoleads and recommended by Sony.

Autoleads PC9-501

Its about £60 and gives full functionality to the clio remote display and stalk
Its not listed on the autoleads website for some reason though

RIOT,

Youve absolutely right, I do have a Sony head (MDX-7900R) quite old but MD so thats why I kept it as I hate handling CDs in the car - esp. when driving. I always expect to go over a bump and snap the cd with half of it in the slot.

Love to hear your views on the Autoleads adapter, although I believe you have to remove the dash to fit it to the display :eek:

If this is true Im wondering whether to upgrade the dash tweeters at the same time?

No theres no need to remove the dash.

The only thing you need to remove is the hazard warning section of the dash to give you room to manouver the box of tricks on the autoleads cable
Theres room behind that section of the dash to pop the box into.

The amount of space for installing headunits in the clio is pitiful !

My views well its perfect apart from the size of the electronics enclosure
It converts all functions to the Sony equivalent. The only thing you loose is the pause function (pull both volume controls) that becomes your access to things like bass treble etc.

It will work with all renaults with remote display and steering wheel controls 2001 onwards

Cool, thanks for the info R, shame about the pause, thats really useful.

Do you get the ID3 Tags from the T70MX on the renault display?

Ah, so youve got the head and adapter fitted (can a sony head be fitted wihtout adapter?) and now adding the MP3 Changer. Love to find out if it works as this is what I am planning as my 10cd sony wont fit where the existing changer does under the passenger seat and I dont want to mess with a boot install.

Thats it exactly !

I used it with my old sony which started to drain my battery flat :(
Ripped that out and ive now got the renault one back in until saturday when I put all my new stuff in :D

Then it will be back in use again :)

You can fit a sony without the autoleads adapter but you would still need a renault to ISO adaptor

Shame, I was hoping that the renault had an ISO adapter so that I could check that my head still worked before ordering the changer/adapter.