ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Which is better

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
I have no experience with either but meguiars because auto glym stuff isn't usually that good.

And quick wax? As in a spray? If so, no.

I use spray waxes like quick detailers and to aid in applying paste waxes.

If you want something like that for ease of use, get a spray sealant.

Tomo_Rep.97

ClioSport Club Member
I have no experience with either but meguiars because auto glym stuff isn't usually that good.

And quick wax? As in a spray? If so, no.

I use spray waxes like quick detailers and to aid in applying paste waxes.

If you want something like that for ease of use, get a spray sealant.

Autoglym stuff isn't that good? Really, well I thought it was one of the top quality products? That's a shock!

Yeah as in the spray! Quick detailer isn't a wax though is it? It just removes dirt and cleans up where as a quick wax boosts wax? Isn't correct? Correct me if I'm wrong!

Spray sealant, never heard of that!

I'm trying to take advantage of Halfords 3 for 2 at the minute!

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Autoglym stuff isn't that good? Really, well I thought it was one of the top quality products? That's a shock!

Yeah as in the spray! Quick detailer isn't a wax though is it? It just removes dirt and cleans up where as a quick wax boosts wax? Isn't correct? Correct me if I'm wrong!

Spray sealant, never heard of that!

I'm trying to take advantage of Halfords 3 for 2 at the minute!

Auto glym are good entry products/good for people who aren't full anorak about cleaning.

Some of their products are decent, some not so much. For every ag product, there are ten better ones on the market.

You're right about quick detailers, some contain mild protection though, although they shouldn't be used instead of a wax. Just as a mild top up in between waxes

Look at auto finesse tough coat, that's a good spray sealant, very quick application and lasts a few months.

It's good on wheels too

Ah, I can't comment on off the shelf products sorry. After you've got yourself a decent collection of halfords cleaning stuff, you may want to look into swapping/upgrading some bits and pieces.

Tomo_Rep.97

ClioSport Club Member
Auto glym are good entry products/good for people who aren't full anorak about cleaning.

Some of their products are decent, some not so much. For every ag product, there are ten better ones on the market.

You're right about quick detailers, some contain mild protection though, although they shouldn't be used instead of a wax. Just as a mild top up in between waxes

Look at auto finesse tough coat, that's a good spray sealant, very quick application and lasts a few months.

It's good on wheels too

Ah, I can't comment on off the shelf products sorry. After you've got yourself a decent collection of halfords cleaning stuff, you may want to look into swapping/upgrading some bits and pieces.

Yeah that's the level I'm at, just looking to get started into looking after it properly, but going straight into the expensive products probably isn't the best idea at my level haha!

I've heard very good things about AG but I just suppose if you've used better products you've got the right to say there's a lot better than AG, me personally not experiencing using the expensive products I will probably think AG is the best thing since sliced bread

Right I see, sort of understand the detailers a little more now!
I will have a look into the auto finesse range when my budget allows I think, but this spray sealant does sound good!

yeah thats fair enough mate! Wouldn't expect you too! Most people on here are past the stage I'm at haha, I seen to be several years behind on the Clio trend.

I think I will give the AG products a go and see how I get on, it fits my budget and seems a good start

I've often thought that the product you're using is only as good as you make it, preparation and application is the most Important thing I think! That applies to most things! Obviously there's a limit to the peak of a product, but until I reach the peak and am getting the best out of those products I will think about upgrading!

Thanks for your help mate, much appreciated! I will probably post results in my project thread so keep an eye out for that if you're interested!

Tom

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Rapid detailer was pretty average, didn't really do anything all that well in terms of comparisons to other QD's. I've only used the meguiars ultimate quick detailer and ultimate quik wax and both are very good products.

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
Auto finnesse do a lot of very good products mate as said toughcoat is a great really easy to use product .

Tomo_Rep.97

ClioSport Club Member
Rapid detailer was pretty average, didn't really do anything all that well in terms of comparisons to other QD's. I've only used the meguiars ultimate quick detailer and ultimate quik wax and both are very good products.
It's odd, some people say no not much difference at all and then you get others saying saying AG is best or MG Is best, it's quite confusing, best thing is to try it out for myself I think, can be an expensive route but oh well!

I was thinking of going for AG's rapid detailer and AG Aqua car wax! Or meguiars detailer and megs quick wax!

Auto finnesse do a lot of very good products mate as said toughcoat is a great really easy to use product .
Okay mate will have a look into it, thanks for the heads up!

For ease of use get yourself some CarPro Hydro2.

Watch a YouTube video on how to use it and Robert's your mothers brother.
Never heard of it, but will have a look!