ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wierd smell

145db Euro'd clio
coming from inside the car. smells almost like a damp smell.
thought it was origionally(sp) all the carpets.
took them out.
no difference.
so though. f*ck it.
shapmooed the WHOLE car. took me about 2 hours.
go back this morning. smell still there.

only thing i can think of is headlining were i might have left the sunroof open? and it rained? it goes if you leave the windows open for five minutes and go back
but its just really starting to bug me.

172 Cup & Clio dci Van
if you have aircon you can get these cans of aircon cleaner and disinfectant. Halfords n that do em.

The cabin filter filters the air going into the cabin of the car from the bog bad world.
not sure where it is in a 1.2 because i have never owned one. prob pretty easy to change, and will cost no more than £15 to buy. If it aint been changed and is covered in s**t and mould might make your car smell like s**t.

Prob the aircon more than anything. Turn it on full wack for a while then turn it off but leave the fans on blowing air and see if it suddenly stinks of s**t.

You might be able to fnd some more info using the search bar on here...worth a butchers

145db Euro'd clio
i dont have aircon but tried blowing the fans and it makes no difference.
i shampooed the head lining and got in this morning and smelt alright.

i think it was just dampness. windows are open now just letting it air a little!

cheers for the help though. i'll probably change the cabin filter anyway lol

Golf GTD Mk7
i had this in my mums clio. was some water that got into the fan system. If you crank up the fans on the hottest setting (obviously get out the car) and see if it dries it out.