ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wifi over the plug sockets?

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
This is my problem. I want the WiFi to be as good as it can be yet when I searched regarding the issue on google, people said that this can/does happen. Not what you want just to operate one additional camera in the system. It does work without it but seems to be intermittent.

I did move my hub towards the central staircase in my house and this does seem to have made a difference.

Thanks for replying both of you.
The worst I've seen was at the home of one of our director's. He had a converted barn and one room was separated from the rest of the house by a solid brick wall - it was part of the original outer wall of the barn itself.

Nothing that we tried could get through it - and the router was literally 3ft the other side of the wall. We tried commercial grade wireless and that just about maintained a connection - but with very poor signal quality.

In the end, he flood wired the house with CAT5 and had wireless access points in the ceiling of each room. Problem solved, but it was far from cheap.