ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

window tints

Da

Less
on the front, new cars are factory tinted to the limit mate. Rears can do what you like! lol!

ST
Who cares do it anyway...as long as its not proper limo tints the cops won't really bother too much..

Bubbles

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW I4 M50
Picture029.jpg

This pic makes my car look a weird colour.. but i have light on the front and a medium on the back - its fine and ive never had a problem with police and my tints

Skoda Octavia TDi vRS
But your cars are un-road worthy and so your insurance is void. Try declaring your real % tint to your insurance co. I speak from experience after Greenlight told me to remove my tints.

Steve

G_F

BMW M3 & Williams 3
Steve vRS said:
But your cars are un-road worthy and so your insurance is void. Try declaring your real % tint to your insurance co. I speak from experience after Greenlight told me to remove my tints.

Steve

This is correct, prang your car and your fucked, if you think about it, you might aswell not declare your mods, your points, say you do 50 miles a year etc

I am sure their would be a severe punisment if you smashed into someone else, that said person could possably take you to court and sue your ass, i would try and make as much money out of it as possable anyhow.

cheers cos the other day i went to a tintin place n they said 50% all around i was like is that legal he just nodded!!! i fort it sounded dodgy

the police round here get everyone with tints. they must have a special tester or something =/ they tell us that the tints on the front have got to let 75% of the light thru for them to be legal. on the back you can do what you want.

renaultsport 182
23% tint is allowed i asked one of my housemates who is a traffic cop (tough break i know) PS. the guy only eats microwave dinners (weird or what)

Skoda Octavia TDi vRS
richardfirefighter said:
23% tint is allowed i asked one of my housemates who is a traffic cop (tough break i know) PS. the guy only eats microwave dinners (weird or what)

And most factory glass is around that level to start with so the application of an extra tint will render the glass over the limit.

Steve

Skoda Fabia vRS
there isnt a film on the market that is legal on the front sides

i had light smoke on my fronts and failed the test by a mile, £30 fine, i thought id pass it easy but i was way off

standard Renault glass has a tint as standard, ANY film over it, no matter how light, you will fail the light meter test and get a fine

i spoke to cop who done me for about 20 minutes about it all, i work in a Motor World branch so i was interested to know the ins and outs of the law so he explained it all to me

Bubbles

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW I4 M50
Your warned about it when you get the tints done (or atleast i have been the past few times) But i live out in the sticks and dont really have an issue with the police

Bubbles

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW I4 M50
My old car.... i had the tints done on this and it was the darkest ive ever been, but wouldnt do it again..

Pic of the car sent to me by the next owner, craig: But never had issues with this either

DSC01032.jpg

MR2 2.0 N/A & Mk1 1.2Clio
thing is though that most police dont bother too much about tints as long as you dont go way ott or attract unwanted attention.

imo the limits too low anyway, although i can see why the limits as it is - as people constantly would push slightly over the limit so theyd set it low to avoid this and for the spongs who are blind as and stupid as i.e idiots who dont give a good look when they pull out of junctions.

my fronts are fairly dark but NOT limo black, from some angles they can seem really dark, but from inside the car at night there is sweet f**k all difference in vissiblity and it makes no difference to my vision!