ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Windows or Android ?

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
About to upgrade my phone in the next few days to a HTC HD. Now just wondering which O/S to go for. Windows 7 or Android?

I have no experience of either as my current phone is a N73 lol. I would like to keep/download manuals for work in PDF, and then just the norm of internetz browsing etc. Any thoughts which has more going for it?

Gaz

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
I see a theme occurring! Any particular reason? I have heard whispers of Windows phones crashing..........?

ITB'd MK1
Android. So completely customisable (is that a word? lol)

windows mobile 6.5 wasn't good at all, not nice to use, 7 is better, but it's still.....well, windows.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
I see. Desire HD a good choice then? Not a i phone fanboy so want something different ;)

clio
Tbh I have android HTC desire and its awesome but don't count out the windows phones now miles better than 6.5

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Diesire Z is a good shout if you still like a normal keyboard.

Windows7 phones can't copy and paste. LOL

really? pmsl!

I would wait but my Nokia is on its last legs, no.2 doesnt work too well, so txting's come a nightmare. Cant upgrade till the end of march according to o2 website, do we think i can twist their arm and bring it forward?

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
If I didn't have an iphone i'd have an android of some sort.

Windows phone would be my last choice, after a classic 3210.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
It's a good alternative. Galaxy S is worth a look.

I have the Galaxy S and tbh i wish i would have got an iphone.
Yes its good. The screen is amazing and there are some good things on it but i feel its just too slow to do things. Especially on the net too. That might just be where i live and not having the best network coverage but even the 1st iphone is a lot quicker.

I updated to the latest android and it is a lot better. I can now watch embedded vids on here unlike the older version.

If you can get hold of a spare phone until the GS2 comes out then it might be worth a look or go for one of the new HTC's.

But yeah, to answer your question, i'd go for android.

With the amount of phones HTC and others knock out with Android I somehow doubt that tbh.

The new HTC's are basically this generation in a nice new shiny case. Not worth updating to at all imo. Samsung and LG are going to be the pick of the next gen Android phones with their dualcore processors (which actually increase battery life because of the less voltage needed to power them.) LG's UI is still too buggy for it to be considered over the Galaxy S2 and that is why the S2 is going to be the best android.

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member
The new HTC's are basically this generation in a nice new shiny case. Not worth updating to at all imo. Samsung and LG are going to be the pick of the next gen Android phones with their dualcore processors (which actually increase battery life because of the less voltage needed to power them.) LG's UI is still too buggy for it to be considered over the Galaxy S2 and that is why the S2 is going to be the best android.

Come on...

http://crave.cnet.co.uk/mobiles/htc...l-core-android-joy-in-may-this-year-50002512/

Even if this one isn't dual core by may, your trying to tell us they wont have one within the next year....?

Clio 182 cup'd
Wp7 will have copy and paste within a month. Although I hardly ever use it anyway.

I've owned android, wp7 and ios phones, and would take android out of the three these days, would like to have another look at wp7 later in the year when its had the promised updates and the market place has matured.

Galaxy s is a good phone, and so is the desire HD, the HTC incredible S and desire s looks good too, they should be landing this month.

Last edited:
Desire S looks nice indeed, nothing that much better than the original desire but a nice fresh look all the same!

I need a phone as mine is dead, was going to wait for the Desire S, but quite like the look of the Mozart. Its about £100 cheaper than the Desire S simfree.

I know its WM7, but it looks quite pretty and a nice size (the Desire HD is just that bit too large!).

Not sure whether to just go for it, or wait for the Desire S and get a £10 Tesco Mobile special!

Clio 182 cup'd
I need a phone as mine is dead, was going to wait for the Desire S, but quite like the look of the Mozart. Its about £100 cheaper than the Desire S simfree.

I know its WM7, but it looks quite pretty and a nice size (the Desire HD is just that bit too large!).

Not sure whether to just go for it, or wait for the Desire S and get a £10 Tesco Mobile special!

Depends what you want to use it for, as it stands for me, wp7 makes for a good mid range phone, but the lack of certain features place it behind android.