ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Windscreen DeSteamer-upper?

My windscreen is permanently steamed up and covered in condensation on the inside in this weather.

The aircon works well, but doesnt take long for it to come back.

are there any products i can use to minimise this?

there is a rain x internal product. but not a bog fan due to most finding it becomes quite scanky with age . . . . .

Mégane RS
no my bros megane with climate control has front demister too, yeah rain x anti fog can be brought at halfords or a local motor shop etc

BMW E46 330i Touring
I reckon your windscreen's broked Fub's, A/C and the internal circulation clears my windscreen faster than, something REALLY fast.

Bluebeard

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
if it keeps coming back then you either have a leak or theres something damp in the car. My company car kept steaming up and it wasn't till i cleared it out that i realised i had some old wet brolly in the boot and the moisture was causing the car to steam up all the time!

the windscreen doesnt get damp, it just steams up every time i get in the car when its cold... bloody annoying.

AC clears in within a matter of seconds... but i would rather put a product on the windscreen to stop it instead.

Mégane RS
yeah rain x anti fog will do that, i've read somewhere that someone kput it on their bathroom windows and mirrors

Bluebeard

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
the windscreen doesnt get damp, it just steams up every time i get in the car when its cold... bloody annoying.

AC clears in within a matter of seconds... but i would rather put a product on the windscreen to stop it instead.

Ah, sorry pal, misunderstood you.

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
try getting a little trigger bottle...fill it with a mixture of water and vinegear...then clean the interior windows without, works well on mine

Carrera 4S. Clio 172. M5
Press the recirculation button a few seconds before you turn the engine off, that shuts the flap to the fan box and stops condensation forming on the windows. Failing that check for damp carpets and leaks.

Press the recirculation button a few seconds before you turn the engine off, that shuts the flap to the fan box and stops condensation forming on the windows. Failing that check for damp carpets and leaks.

that sir, is an excellent idea! :approve:

Chocolate Bar™

fubar - have you tried this?

my 172 is terrible for steaming up, but in not having a car here i cant try it lol

ive used the rain x anti-mist stuff and am not impressed. perfect application isnt the easiest thing in the world, and it needs constantly updating to make it work. bit of a pain in the arse imo

well i tried it last night midod, and there wasnt any misty window this morning.

although there wasnt a frost last night so that could have been why.

2.0 Auris
I got the Rain x anti fog stuff works ok i guess if you put the fans on it clears it the mist that is

Fiesta ST
I put this on my car.... and then promptly removed it the next day. I found it to be rubbish and at night it would make lights have a bit more of a blur around them. Removed it, re-polished the window and I can see again!

Tbh it didn't even work that well... :quiet:

J273

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182

What does the recirculation button actually do?.....Ive had it on most of my cars and never used it as i aint got a clue what it does :S

Cheers

BMW E46 330i Touring
Recirculates the air already in the car, as opposed to letting 'fresh' air in from outside.