ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wings of Prey

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
I know a few people have mentioned this - especially as its cropped up in the Steam summer sale.

What a great WW2 flying game it really is. I dusted off the 'ol Microsoft Sidewinder FF stick as I was impressed to see that the game had a preset profile for it and it's MUCH better to use than the 360 controller as a result.

What simply amazes me however is the distance and smoothness of the scenery generated by the game. Most missions I've spent flying a Spitfire over the Kent countryside and the channel coast - the view complete with the white cliffs and harbour facilities down at Dover. How they have managed that level of detail without crippling even high-end gfx cards is amazing.

A YouTube example is here....

D.

Last edited by a moderator:
  Octy VRS
I enjoyed it on PS3 until one fuckarse mission that pissed me off so much I traded it in.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Lol - tried this on Realistic Mode last night - WTF?! Just about managed to take on two Messers myself but I was in Spin & Stall City for the most part. I think purely for the fun aspect, I'll knock down the difficulty or else it will do my nut in.

I much preferred the damage model on Realistic Mode however. Having the target in front of you riddled with bullets before it goes down. I also like the fact that the you can down a plane much quicker by aiming at the cockpit. Probably the plane equivalent of headshot!

D.