ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wiring Side Repeaters to a Wing Mirror

Clio Sport 172
Hi I'm new to the forum and have been doing a lot of reading and searching to find out if anyone has done this so far.

My poor Clio was in a crash a while back this year. :dapprove: I recently bought a full body kit to replace the damage so i also bought nice new Z2 mirrors to go with the kit, they have side repeaters also, have a look here https://www.deviantstyling.com/p/21...irrors_with_LED_Indicators_Manual_Adjustment_

So i have a good idea how to wire the mirror motor (its a 4 wire motor and i'm also wondering if that's right as they have a 3 wire one also but opted for the 4 wire as my mirrors are heated)

so really don't know what to connect the 3 wires to, i was thinking it was simply wired to the side repeater but they only have 2 wires. I hope someone has done this before to give me some advice, I'll get some pics and stick them on in a bit.

Cheers

AK

M240i
Those mirrors aren't very well received around here...

But presumable it would be power supply, ground and switch?

Da

Less
Pictures will help, but as you say the side repeaters only use a two wire system. I'm a little confused with the three wire/four wire system you refer to?

All electric Clio mirrors are heated, how many wires do you have at the standard mirror?

Clio Sport 172
Ok i found out that the lights have 3 wires as they are parking lights, however we don't use parking lights in the UK :D. Sorted so i'll stick them on tomorrow

Here's some pics, I bought it without standard wheels so don't attack me for the alloys :)!

DSC00520.jpg

DSC00521.jpg

And no Exhaust, though its getting that sorted shortly
DSC00522.jpg

AK

M240i
I don't think the alloys are the thing you'll get attacked for.

Is that a 172 lol?!

Edit: yep it is.

Last edited:
  Clio Sport 172
Nice, I need to sort out the exhaust so i was going to head over to East Calder, said they would sort out the twin exhaust for £380...