ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Worked on back light now car won’t turn over

Clio 1.2 16 valve 2
Hi , I have just replaced a broken osr back light when finished the side light didn’t work so I changed the bulb it still didn’t work so I changed the bulb holder and the indicator didn’t work,I changed it back to the old one and tried again to no avail, but no there was a very dim side light but worse still the car won’t now even turn over all the lights come on at the dash but that’s it, any help would be very much appreciated.thanks.Kieron

Clio 1.2 16 valve 2
Thanks. Battery had spun the engine like a new one only seconds earlier, fuse (with the lights still working though very dim ?) earth probably the best call do you know where they are, this car belongs to a friend of mine who only comes home occasionally and for the past five years it’s probably only done about 400 miles so the most I have ever done to it has been to fit a new battery or two so I really haven’t looked around it much,so any help with the position of the earths would be gracefully accepted

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182

I’d probably start by checking the fuses if the batteries fine.

I assume you’ve checked it’s not the immobiliser should be solid red, when turning the key.

Clio 1.2 16 valve 2
I don’t actually know about the immobiliser it’s never happened before,could I have activated it when changing the back light