ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

WORRYING PETROL SMELL!!

Clio Sport 172
Hi, started my car this morning (phase 2 172) after a long stand overnight and was greeted by the smell of petrol blowing through the air vents! the smell is also noticable around the engine bay, though i can't see any clear signs of a fuel leak! never had this problem before and the car is recently serviced + MOT'd!

anyone else had this problem?? and is this dangerous?!

Cheers

Crappy work hire car
I had this with my first car (a clio 1.4 RT Mk1). A pipe had split in the engine bay and was spraying fuel directly onto the top of the engine. It was burning off due to the heat, causing fuel vapour to come through the vents!

I simply located the damaged pipe, cut the end with the hole off and re-attached it, took like 2 minutes.

EDIT: I should point out I have no technical expertise whatsoever so this was really easy to do and obvious to spot!