ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Would This Be 200+ BHP

Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
  BMW M4; S1000 RR
Looked good until I saw the CAF in the foglight!

Solid engine mounts, 182 manifold, gearbox rebuild. Sounds like a decent list but then half the interior is missing :/

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
5   0   0
  Ph1 track 172
i love the "sleeper" huge CAF and 4" back box! :eek:

absolute dog, worth less than a standard example and no where near asking price!

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  Z4
He's really tried with the advert but he's come across like a complete tool lol!

Way overpriced, could have got my mint rb182 for only a grand more

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
He's done nothing which is going to drastically increase power. But Im sure if taken to the correct place it could indeed see over 200bhp, its far more about what rollers you go to than what mods you have done TBH!

Ive been passenger in a standard 172 that did an 8:40 with a small amount of traffic and that was with my 100kg ballast in it slowing it down too, so I wouldnt take too much notice of lap times as a gauge of power.

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
explodes into life when the dephaser pulley alters the timing at 5000rpm, you really feel it kick.

I suspect he is mistaking the horrible hole in torque from the standard inlet/map below 5K as something to do with the dephaser when it isnt at all as its on from way before then till way after then.

That said I have driven one car where the dephaser altered the timing at 5Krpm (thats where I turned it off in the map on an ITB car I mapped with group N timing), but the standard ones most certainly do not do so!

Allan-

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Although if you read what it says, it does say at the crank, rather then the wheels. What does a 172 make at he crank standard?
165 brake say standard? i guessing here, lets give him 170 for his manifold and exhaust...
so at 15% loss 195.5 bhp or at 20% 204bhp, so entirely possible that its not total BS.

'I have tried to keep the car looking sleeper by removing all sport and 2L badges, replaced with 1.2 door badges. It has surprised more than a few people including myself. I estimate 0-60 in 6 seconds and have a printout from rolling road session with over 200bhp at the crank. The car has been completely stripped, weighing less than a tonne. You can do the math, it has over 200bhp per tonne.'

I wouldn't buy it though does look like a POS lol

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Although if you read what it says, it does say at the crank, rather then the wheels. What does a 172 make at he crank standard?

About 165 is common

165 brake say standard?
Yes about that the crank, which is about 140 at the wheels

Wont bother replying to any of the rest as you seem to have got a little confused from this point forward and assumed the crank power is the wheels power and then added the losses in for a second time, lol

i guessing here, lets give him 170 for his manifold and exhaust...
so at 15% loss 195.5 bhp or at 20% 204bhp, so entirely possible that its not total BS.

'I have tried to keep the car looking sleeper by removing all sport and 2L badges, replaced with 1.2 door badges. It has surprised more than a few people including myself. I estimate 0-60 in 6 seconds and have a printout from rolling road session with over 200bhp at the crank. The car has been completely stripped, weighing less than a tonne. You can do the math, it has over 200bhp per tonne.'

I wouldn't buy it though does look like a POS lol

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Ah yeah I see no loss at crank, my bad :D

so would need 170 ish at the wheels to produce 200 at the crank etc.
Becomes a little clearer :D

Yeah thats the sort of ballpark, and to get 170 at the wheels from an F4R is a lot harder than this idiot and renault would both have you believe, lol