ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Write-Off?

Clio 197
I need a new boot floor as part of my accident damage repairs...

...can we actually get these for the 182, or is it a write-off?

Ta,

Oms.

:)

1.6 Astra ... R.I.P. 182
mines being repaired .... but its not too bad, only slight ironing out.
just depends how badly its damaged really. if you can see it all crumpled then yes its a write off.

Clio 197
t**t with an ego decided to tailgate me, and I got it.

I can't find the original thread... but it was long, lol.

Clio 197
The quote is for £1600 IF they can get a boot floor.

I doubt they'll be able to. It needs to go on a jig too.

Tungy
Ah right. Mine could do with being jigged but I'm gonna chance it and once we've got it back together in one piece just see how it drives. Apparently costs a bomb to be put ona jig!

1.6 Astra ... R.I.P. 182
Oms said:
The quote is for £1600 IF they can get a boot floor.

I doubt they'll be able to. It needs to go on a jig too.

thats not bad ... mines £1300 but dont think its as bad

1.6 focus zetec....
I got rear ended and insurance paid just under £3000 to repair my car... boot floor was really mashed up!!

Kiza

Jigging can be expensive but it's not difficult to do and doesn't particularly take long. A lot of companies wouldn't bother putting it on a jig, they would just use a dozer and give it a good pull against the chassis.

106 GTi
I think it was Fred thet posted on here the other day that Renault do sell boot floors for the 182, but they are not cheap.

They have to legally sell the part just like the problems the've had with trophy dampers and they not making any spare they have to for the next 5 years from memory keep the parts vailiable (or least for sale they can price they stupidly so that one would never be ordered if they want).

Oms if they do write your car off buy it back and have a plate welded in or get a floor with a spare wheell welded in and a 172 exhaust.