ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Xbox 360 Help please

Renault Sport Clio 182
i think my xbox is on its last legs, its been repaird for the red ring thing 3 times and just died again, i was thinking of just getting a brand new 1 as they seem to be pretty cheap at the moment but,

will i be able to plug my existing hard drive into a new xbox 360 elite and keep all my data (for example my completed forza 2 and 3) ?

or failing that what is an xbox 360 arcade?

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
That seems to be if you want to transfer data from one drive to another. You are not doing that.

Renault Sport Clio 182
no because i can just spend the time reloading forza coz thats pretty much the only data i think ive got, so i can buy an elite and just plug my hard drive on top and continue on leval 50 of both forza's?

Renault Sport Clio 182
bought an elite, plugged it all in, put my old hard drive on, all works, didnt even have to load forza again.

happy days.

Where did you buy it, how mutch etc, mine died today too...good job i bought a ps3 recently to see me ova. Stupid MS

Sport Rep 1*5
you can get elites for like 170 with about 4 games and 2 controllers from most places atm. I think

my mate bought a new one yest from argos he paid about that after his broke and relowing didnt work!

Well i didnt wanna buy one as i recon a new one will come out next year, a slimline or sumin hence they are so cheap now, anyway £197 with 2 s**tty games, a controller dragon age (which will be a gift for someone as i already have it) and forza, i think i paid £250 for my first elite or around that.

If ya read the interviews they have said defo not in 2009 but nothing has been said about 2010, the xbox is ugly and noisey and too hot compared to the ps3, i think we will see a slim line :p

i'd be surprised. m soft have never done a slimline version of there console before, im pretty sure they'd put the time into working on the next console. there was talk of them releasing something new with project natal but i dont think it's goin to be just a slimline 360. if they do it will be something new.

xbox has always been ugly and noisy compared to others, but its more like a gaming pc than a console so it can be forgiven ;)

Mk2 Golf GTI
I really dont think it is that noisy if you install the games! THe noisy bit was the disc drive spinning at 9 billion rpm, but it doesnt spin at all when installed.

Hey im an xbox lad through and through but design wise the ps3 wins, i have to leave the door of where i keep my xbox open due to heat, it was one of the first batches out and i hear the new ones are improved but still. Im also very pissed off that it has broken after 18 months and ms wanna charge me 88 quid to fix it.